Piers Morgan 'remains a great friend' says Susanna Reid
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Piers Morgan , 56, revealed his wife of 11 years Celia Walden, 45, is at “tipping point” after having to wait on him hand and foot while he isolates due to becoming one of the latest confirmed cases of coronavirus . It comes after the former Good Morning Britain presenter admitted that he believes he caught the Delta variant after attending Wembley Stadium with his three sons for the Euro 2020 final.
Celia’s admirable patience for facilitating my endless requests for everything from meals and pots of tea to a fan and mini-fridge is reaching a tipping point
All attendees had to provide proof that they were either double vaccinated or produce a negative test result but Piers spoke about the true extent of his symptoms in his latest Daily Mail column.
He penned: “As I’m sure everyone who gets it feels, it’s a strange, disquieting moment to know I have this killer virus inside me.”
While quarantining alone in his bedroom while he recovers from the virus that has made him feel “the roughest I’ve felt from any illness in my adult life”, he become dependant on Celia bringing him everything, including using a mini mortorised toy car to send him muffins from a safe distance.
But while she’s been caring for his every need over the past few weeks, Piers admitting: “Celia’s admirable patience for facilitating my endless requests for everything from meals and pots of tea to a fan and mini-fridge is reaching a tipping point,” he sighed before repeating her words.
Piers Morgan’s wife ‘reaching tipping point’ after his Covid diagnosis (Image: ITV)
Celia has been sending him treats in creative ways (Image: INSTAGRAM)
“‘I knew that when I married someone so much older than me, I’d end up being their carer,’ she announced today.
“‘I just hoped it wouldn’t happen quite so soon.'”
He added: “To allay her irritation, I now start each request with, ‘If I get you a nice dress on eBay, could I possibly have…?’
“Self-isolation is a lot easier for the person doing it than the people who then have to do all the work.”
Piers believes he caught the Delta variant after attending Wembley (Image: INSTAGRAM)
Piers has become one of the latest confirmed cases of coronavirus (Image: ITV)
Piers Morgan career timeline (Image: EXPRESS)
But it hasn’t been all bad.
Piers admitted he’s started doing things around the house – well, room – that he wouldn’t usually do such as making his own bed, which he found “oddly therapeutic”.
“I lay proudly in my fresh sheets this morning, albeit still feeling wiped out and totally devoid of energy.
“I tried shouting, ‘MAN UP, MORGAN!’ to myself but Covid seems oblivious to my preferred motivational clarion cry,” he continued.
The broadcaster, who received the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccination, claims a respiratory expert informed him that no vaccine fully protects an individual from the latest variants.
DON’T MISS… Dolly Parton teases her famous assets for new Playboy cover recreation [PICS] Lorraine Kelly slams Dominic Cummings for ‘smirking’ in BBC interview [REACTION] Piers Morgan blasts ‘selfish’ Prince Harry for memoir and release date [LATEST]
His symptoms included a fever, cold sweats, coughing, sneezing, “strange aches” and “alarming” chest pains.
But he was left even more distraught after his sense of taste and smell left him, texting his former co-star Susanna Reid “I can’t taste wine”.
“This, for anyone who knows my love of good wine, is one of my worst nightmares,” Piers moaned.
Susanna instantly realised the enormity of the crisis, describing it as a “disaster”.
Piers recalled she added: “‘But it’s for your own good, you’ll save a fortune, drop half a stone and now you can come out on a night of sparkling waters with me!'”
- Inside Piers Morgan's secretive family life - from privileged sons to childhood tragedy
- Piers Morgan, Jacqueline Jossa and Scarlett Moffatt send soppy messages to their loved ones on Valentine’s Day
- Piers Morgan shares rare photo of daughter as she beats him at chess in 4 moves
- Piers Morgan says women are swooning over him after revealing unshaven new look as he makes Good Morning Britain return
- GMB's Piers Morgan divides opinion with controversial lockdown lunch
- 'My heart breaks for her': Piers Morgan shares his sympathy for Kate Garraway and claims she is in a 'terrible limbo' amid husband Derek Draper's Covid battle
- I’m Piers Morgan and this is Good Fawning Britain
- Piers Morgan's possible GMB replacements as he quits immediately amid Meghan Markle controversy
- Petitions Asking To Bring Back Piers Morgan to 'Good Morning Britain' Signed by Thousands
- Alex Beresford breaks silence after Piers Morgan bust-up live on GMB
- Piers Morgan says Kate Garraway and Derek Draper were ‘happier than ever’ before his coma and fears he’ll NEVER recover
- Good Morning Britain hit by MORE Ofcom complaints over Piers Morgan’s ‘offensive language’ and row with Gavin Williamson
- Piers Morgan slammed by mental health charity for not believing Meghan Markle had ‘suicidal thoughts’
- GMB’s Piers Morgan hit with Ofcom complaints after mauling health secretary Matt Hancock in ferocious interview
- Piers Morgan lashes out at ‘half-wit’ Lauren Goodger for being a Covidiot anti-vaxxer despite ‘shoving filler in lips’
- Piers Morgan abused in street by 'woke Karen' who branded him 'revolting'
- Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid admit relationship is testy after heated argument on air
- Piers Morgan makes major mistake live on GMB – watch
- Piers Morgan storms off Good Morning Britain following argument with co-star
- Piers Morgan leaves British breakfast show after Meghan comments
Piers Morgan admits wife Celia has 'reached tipping point' after his Covid diagnosis have 1113 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.