Prince Harry has signed a huge four-book deal, with the second due out just after the Queen has gone, the Daily Mail reported on Friday.
According to undisclosed insiders cited in the report, the “tell-all” book presented by Harry earlier this week is simply the “tip of the iceberg,” and that will undoubtedly worry Buckingham Palace, given the past revelations. The Duke of Sussex handled the bidding and instructed publishing houses to start at $24.7 million (18 million pounds), with the final price allegedly reaching about $40 million (29 million pounds), according to sources.
A first book, Prince’s memoir is scheduled to be published next year, as the publisher announced on Monday, apparently on the occasion of the Queen’s platinum jubilee, and a follow-up book to be published only after her death.
Breaking news! Penguin Random House is honored to announce a forthcoming memoir by Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, to be published globally in late 2022. pic.twitter.com/OhcMODcIQp
— Penguin Books UK (@PenguinUKBooks) July 19, 2021
According to the report, as part of the deal with Penguin Random House publisher, Harry’s wife Meghan Markle will reportedly write a “wellness” book. The fourth title’s subject and author are unknown.
The 36-year-old prince has reportedly led publishing talks from Montecito, California, where he and Meghan have purchased high-end property thanks to lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify. Two publishers from London visited the prince in California while others participated in the “auction” through video chat.
“He conducted negotiations – he had a very ‘take it or leave it’ attitude,” one of the outlet’s sources from the publishing industry is quoted in the report as saying. “His starting price was $25million and the final figure was way north of that, possibly as much as $35-40million.
The source claimed that the participants of the negotiations were “very shocked” by his approach, which consisted of staring them down and bluntly demanding $25 million.
“The final contract was actually for a four-book deal, with Harry writing another ‘when his granny dies,'” the source continued. “Meghan will write a wellness-type book and people are unsure what the fourth will be. But what is most shocking, frankly, is Harry's suggestion that the second book won't be published until the Queen is no longer here.”
The publishing insider went on to say that the concept of an ” unexploded bomb hanging about waiting for the Queen to pass, is just extraordinary and may strike many as being in very bad taste.”
According to reports, The Duke of Sussex is reportedly privately working with Pulitzer Prize-winning ghostwriter JR Moehringer on what his publishers characterized as “the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and life lessons that have helped shape him,” and what surely has risen certain concerns within the royal family that it might deepen the rift between the prince and the rest of the relatives.
Unfortunately for the Duke, many on social media users of social networks noted some hypocrisy in Harry’s words that he left the royal family in order to find peace and calmness and lead a quiet private life with his wife and children.
Please respect our privacy. https://t.co/V5oc254g5t
— Colin Brazier (@colinbrazierGBN) July 23, 2021
Nothing screams privacy like writing 4 books about your life.
— anna (@BlackOrchid1909) July 23, 2021
Oh for goodness sake, really? A 4 book deal would be pointless as he’s said all he can already. I think by this time next year H will be forgotten about, in some much needed therapy and feeling very ashamed about his behaviour.
— HammySammy (@HammySam17) July 23, 2021
oh the irony "I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become." – signed prince Harry duke of Sussex!! if he is writing it not as a prince then surly he will sign it as Harry Mountbatten-Windsor
— Katarzyna Knapik (@TwoTower83) July 19, 2021
The vast funds allegedly involved in the agreement would undoubtedly be viewed as the Sussexes using their former royal life and status something they allegedly secretly swore the Queen they would not do.
And according to the Daily Mail, it shows as well that the monarch and her counselors were foresighted in forbidding her grandson and his wife from using their “His/Her Royal Highness” titles or the phrase “royal” in any of their commercial activities in the US while they were seeking to achieve “financial independence.”
- How Kate Middleton and Prince William Are Really Doing After Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Big Move
- Princess Anne, 69, is set to take over Prince Harry's role in the Royal Marines and become its first ever female Captain General, the Sunday Times reports
- How WILL Prince Harry and Meghan Markle fund their new life? Couple will rake in cash from Diana's inheritance and mega-million-dollar deals with Netflix and Apple... but taxpayers could STILL have to pick up £3m security bill
- 'It's a masterclass in wanting to have your cake and eat it’: Furious Buckingham Palace aides turn on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after they stun the Queen by ‘pressing the nuclear button’ and quitting the Royal Family
- Emotional Prince Harry says he quit the royal family 'to protect son Archie'
- Prince Harry Reportedly Has No Regrets About Royal Family Exit, Wants to 'Protect' Meghan Markle and Archie
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could have earned up to $1MILLION for JPMorgan summit speech about how he has been in therapy for seven years to cope with loss of his mother, say PR experts
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry in ‘£400k speech’ for bank in Florida hours after its PRIVATE JET flew there from Canada
- Prince Harry 'in therapy for past seven years over death of mum Princess Diana'
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pay tribute to 'the strength of spirit and generosity of community Down Under' as they share a message of support for bushfire-hit communities on Australia Day
- Prince William is ‘relieved’ Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have moved to Canada, insider claims
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry plan to do ‘great philanthropic work’ after leaving the Royal Family, says David Furnish
- Piers Morgan brands Meghan Markle a 'mini royal Kardashian' who pushes 'wet drip' Prince Harry around and tells of fear 'ego-mad' pair will bring down monarchy in new Fox documentary
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now for sale but it comes at a high cost to the monarchy
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Go On Double Date With Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Wedding Has a Royal Perfume — and It'll Smell Heavenly!
- Prince Harry revealed he has been in therapy for seven years to cope with loss of his mother after being introduced on-stage by Meghan at star-studded JPMorgan summit in Miami
- Prince Harry reveals he has been in therapy for three years during surprise appearance in Miami
- Welcome to the Caribbean, Prince Harry. Will you dare speak out about slavery?
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to Return to U.K. for Final Royal Engagements
Not One, But Many: Prince Harry Struck Four Book Deal, One to Be Out After Queen's Death - Report have 1153 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.