Man Utd: The first six fixtures of the new Premier League season
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Manchester United have reportedly joined the race for Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is eyeing the Premier League title next term and plans for his team to play more on the front foot as a result. So with swap deals set to become more commonplace in the wake of the coronavirus crisis, Express Sport will now take a look at four players the Midlands could accept in return for the Portugal international.
Adidas and Manchester United have launched their official 2021/22 home jersey, putting a modern twist on their classic club styles.
At present, Diogo Dalot is being linked with AC Milan and Real Madrid.
He doesn't appear to be in Solskjaer's thoughts for the future, having spent last season on loan at the San Siro.
Express Sport understands United remain keen on Kieran Trippier, who they believe can galvanise Aaron Wan-Bissaka at right-back.
And given Wolves' strong Portuguese connections, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Dalot offered in exchange.
Wolves may see him as an upgrade on Nelson Semedo but, given the player's interest from elsewhere, could find it difficult to entice him to Molineux.
THINK YOU KNOW SPORT? Test your sporting knowledge with our tricky quiz
Manchester United are pressing to sign Wolves star Ruben Neves (Image: GETTY)
United have never really seen the best of Eric Bailly at Old Trafford.
He enjoyed a positive first year at the club under Jose Mourinho but, since then, has been regularly plagued by injuries.
United did tie the Ivory Coast international down to a new contract in May, promising him more action as he enters the peak years of his career.
Yet with the club aiming to sign Raphael Varane from Real Madrid, he could be set to spend more time on the bench.
That won't sit well with the player and, therefore, offering him to Wolves in return for Neves would definitely make sense.
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is getting transfer backing this summer (Image: GETTY)
Although Wolves have lost Rui Patricio and replaced him with Jose Sa, Dean Henderson would be an upgrade.
And while United rate the youngster, he's keen for regular football over the coming campaign as he looks to evolve over his career.
With David De Gea and Tom Heaton also on their books, and the Red Devils needing to keep all three goalkeepers happy, letting Henderson go in return for Neves would be a necessary sacrifice.
They could insist on a buyback clause to ensure they maintain control over the England international's future.
But with both Henderson and Neves valued in the region of £50million, it's an arrangement that would suit both parties.
Do you want an exclusive pre-season preview for YOUR club – both in your inbox and through your letterbox? Head over here to find out more and secure your copy.
Manchester United duo Eric Bailly and Dean Henderson want regular action (Image: GETTY)
Jesse Lingard is another who, like Henderson and Bailly, wants to play more.
Solskjaer recently talked up the England international after a 2-1 win against Derby, insisting he was still in his plans for the upcoming campaign.
Yet it's hard to see how he'll get the action he craves when he's got Bruno Fernandes and Donny van de Beek both ahead of him in the pecking order.
Therefore, a swap deal that would see Neves move to Old Trafford would potentially suit both parties.
How the 28-year-old would feel about that, however, remains to be seen.
Manchester United may offer Jesse Lingard or Diogo Dalot for Ruben Neves transfer (Image: GETTY)
Manchester United: The first five fixtures of the 2021/2022 campaign
August 14 – Leeds United – Old Trafford
August 22 – Southampton – St Mary's Stadium
August 29 – Wolves – Molineux
September 11 – Newcastle United – Old Trafford
September 18 – West Ham United – London Stadium.
- Chelsea desperate to get one over rivals Man Utd by landing Angel Gomes on free transfer as youngster stalls on new deal
- Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Takeover bid, Ighalo ARRIVES in Manchester, Bruno Fernandes makes debut vs Wolves
- Man Utd finally confirm £55m Bruno Fernandes transfer as star joins on long-term deal from Sporting Lisbon
- Wolves want Real Madrid attacking midfielder James Rodriguez, a good deal?
- Wolves looking at shock £71m transfer deal for Real Madrid ace James Rodriguez thanks to Mendes link
- Wolves set to snap up 17-year-old Rochdale full-back Luke Matheson for £1m after Man Utd goal heroics
- Fantasy football tips: 5 players to sign for your FPL team for gameweek 30
- Man Utd progress 'not about Bruno', says new fan favourite Fernandes
- Man Utd ready to offer Jesse Lingard PLUS £45m to Leicester in James Maddison transfer move
- Rumour Has It: Man City's Mahrez open to PSG move, Juve eye Pogba alternative
- Jesse Lingard set to be sold by Man Utd this summer after ‘Solskjaer loses confidence in England star’
- Man Utd set for summer transfer shake-up with five stars’ futures under threat including Pogba and de Gea
- ‘I’m as good a defender as anyone,’ Chris Smalling tells England manager
- Charlie Nicholas' Premier League predictions: Tottenham vs Man Utd, Everton vs Liverpool
- Pep Guardiola must fix Man City’s dodgy defence ASAP if they want to win anything this season
- Cheltenham Gold Cup and Premier League games look set to go ahead even if COBRA moves to 'delay' response over coronavirus but The Who postpone tour and London Bike Show is cancelled
- Premier League matches will go ahead this weekend despite coronavirus cancelling tonight's Man City v Arsenal game after 'number' of Gunners team met Greek football boss who later tested positive
- Raul Jimenez interview: Benfica’s bench to Premier League superstar
- Chelsea star forward rejects latest contract extension offer
- Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert apologizes for 'jokingly' touching reporters' microphones before knowing about coronavirus diagnosis as NBA chief says the season's hiatus will last 'at least 30 days'
Manchester United have four players Wolves could accept in Ruben Neves swap deal have 1325 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.