Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is looking to strengthen his squad for a potential Premier League title challenge in the 2021/22 campaign.
Sancho will be the first recruit to arrive at Old Trafford this summer, with the Borussia Dortmund star’s long-awaited move on the verge of completion.
And reports suggest United chiefs are eyeing up a number of other targets to help them in their bid to become champions for the first time since 2013, so we’re on hand with the latest Red Devils transfer news below.
United’s interest in Real Madrid centre-back Raphael Varane is no secret, but The Express claim talks are not as advanced as certain reports are suggesting.
Varane, who Madrid are prepared to sell this summer with a year remaining on his contract, was said to be closing in on a switch to Old Trafford after agreeing personal terms with the Red Devils.
However, it is believed United are still yet to finalise an agreement with the France defender’s representatives, and discussions are still ongoing.
They also need to agree a transfer fee with Los Blancos, who are looking to cash in on a number of players amid their financial problems.
Do you think Manchester United will sign Raphael Varane this summer? Let us know in the comments section below .
Van de Beek stance
Donny van de Beek endured a frustrating debut campaign at United last season, failing to work his way into Solskjaer’s starting plans.
As a result the Netherlands midfielder has been linked with a move away from the club this summer, with teams from Italy, Spain and Germany believed to have expressed interest.
Yet according to Manchester Evening News , Van de Beek is prepared to snub a potential transfer to stay and fight for his place at Old Trafford.
Fernandes wants Neves signing
Wolves ace Ruben Neves has emerged as a potential target for Arsenal this summer amid Mikel Arteta’s desire to bolster his midfield.
Nevertheless, transfer insider Dean Jones has thrown United’s name into the hat to prise Neves away from Molineux – citing Bruno Fernandes’ influence as the biggest reason.
Don’t miss a thing with our football updates!
Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?
Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!
From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don’t miss a thing.
How do you sign up?
It only takes a matter of seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit ‘subscribe’.
And that’s it, job done. You’ll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.
You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.
Speaking on The Done Deal Show , Jones revealed that Red Devils chiefs are well aware of Fernandes’ desire for his Portugal team-mate to join him in Manchester.
And with Paul Pogba’s future in doubt, Neves could be an option for Solskjaer to replace the Frenchman in the middle of the park.
Get your hands on your club’s special edition 2021/22 annual. Find out more here .
- Solskjaer ‘not making key decisions’ on Man Utd transfers, claims Souness after Van de Beek and Cavani arrivals
- 8pm Man Utd news LIVE: United LOSE to Basaksehir, Chukwueze transfer targeted, Rafael plays against former club
- 10pm Man Utd news LIVE: Nuno Mendes transfer BLOW, Mandzukic to Celta Vigo, Luke Shaw injury UPDATES
- Five formations Man Utd could use to fit Cristiano Ronaldo into their attack and get best out of Rashford and Martial
- Man Utd verdict: Bruno Fernandes is just not very good at the moment after Arsenal and Istanbul Basaksehir losses
- How Man Utd could line-up with Cristiano Ronaldo returning in attack and Dayot Upamecano improving leaky defence
- 7am Man Utd news LIVE: Chukwueze transfer targeted, Giggs arrest LATEST, Jones may end up in Championship
- Istanbul 2 Man Utd 1: Sloppy Red Devils stunned as Demba Ba pops up to end strong Champions League start
- Man Utd links to Mauricio Pochettino blasted by Rio Ferdinand as legend demands Ole Gunnar Solskjaer be respected
- Everton vs Man Utd LIVE SCORE: Cavani scores United’s third after Bruno Fernandes double following Bernard’s opener
- Man Utd ratings: Sub McTominay a rare bright spark but Tuanzebe endures nightmare game in loss
- Man Utd FIFA 21 ratings: Pogba and Rashford’s stats revealed as Greenwood gets boost
- Man Utd transfer round-up: Brazilian teases over Red Devils link as club target Lingard
- Ajax star Edson Alvarez eyes Man City transfer as he hails his ‘favourite club’
- Van Halen Without David Lee Roth: Can This Be Love?
- Arsenal boss Arteta not ready to talk about extending Elneny’s contract with star available on free transfer in summer
- Man City and Liverpool among FOUR clubs fighting for Alaba but Bayern star ‘wants Barcelona or Real Madrid transfer’
- Liverpool transfer boost as David Alaba’s ‘contract talks with Bayern Munich collapse and could move in January’
- Government claim fans will not be back into stadiums until coronavirus cases fall as Oliver Dowden demands EFL is saved
- Donald Trump demands 'STOP THE COUNT!' as his campaign launches barrage of lawsuits with the latest in Nevada - but if he succeeded in freezing the results NOW Joe Biden would WIN
Man Utd continue Varane talks and discover Van de Beek stance as Fernandes demands signing have 909 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.