US President Joe Biden confirmed Sunday that he would not lift sanctions against Iran until it complies with the nuclear deal. Biden responded with a clear “No” when the television network CBS asked if the US would “lift sanctions first, in order to get Iran back to the negotiations table.” When further asked if lifting sanctions was conditional to Iran ”first stop enriching uranium,” Biden nodded in affirmation in the interview recorded on Friday. Iran stopped adhering to its key nuclear commitments after the former US President Donald Trump pulled out of the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), also referred to as the Iran nuclear deal, and reimposed sanctions on Tehran. In January, Iran announced lifting up its uranium enrichment process to 20% purity, bypassing the 3.67% level that was in the deal. Watch video 08:56 Share Hardt: JCPOA can be improved Send Facebook Twitter reddit EMail Facebook Messenger Web Whatsapp Web Telegram linkedin Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3Vueg Hardt: JCPOA can be improved Washington and Iran expressed interests in reviving the 2015 deal since Biden took office last month, but both parties insist on their own terms. US lifts sanctions first, says Supreme Leader Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Sunday that Iran receiving compensation from the US for Trump’s withdrawal from the nuclear… Read full this story
- Richard Spencer Backs Joe Biden, Says 'MAGA/Alt-Right Moment is Over'
- White supremacist Richard Spencer who popularized term ‘alt-right’ says he’s voting for Joe Biden
- Hillary Clinton: Joe Biden Should Rejoin Iran Deal for the Sake of US Interests
- Joe Biden’s Energy Record Belies His Embrace of the Radical Climate Change Agenda
- Joe Biden Takes Some Credit for Trump Peace Deal in Middle East
- The American public wants less war. Can Joe Biden deliver?
- Donald Trump tweets 'does he even know what's happening?' as Joe Biden is formally nominated as the Democratic candidate - and Jill lashes back 'ridiculous!'
- Joe Biden Accused of ‘Interventionism’ Over His Call to Back Turkish Opposition to ‘Defeat’ Erdogan
- Barack Obama warns Joe Biden supporters not to be 'complacent or smug' because Donald Trump 'won once' as he encourages them to keep protesting during Zoom fundraiser that raised record $7.6 million
- Moment Kamala Harris accepts Joe Biden’s VP nod and says she’s ‘deeply honored’
Joe Biden says US won't lift Iran sanctions have 377 words, post on www.dw.com at July 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.