In a video shared to Twitter by @Acyn, President Biden was filmed mid-speech making a point of stopping to drink from a glass of water.
“Excuse me,” he said before putting the glass to his mouth using one hand in what seemed to be a comedic reference to Trump’s previously noted habit of drinking water with both hands.
His actions drew loud cheers from the crowd at the rally being held in Arlington, Virginia as part of Democrat Terry McAuliffe’s gubernatorial campaign .
The significance of Biden’s sip was not lost on social media where the clip has been watched more than 576,000 times, earning over 1,300 retweets in the process.
In a separate tweet, Democrat political strategist and consultant Adam Parkhomenko shared the video commenting “Biden just trolled the s*** out of Trump with a cup of water.”
Dr Dena Grayson, a scientist and former Democrat congressional candidate, retweeted the video stating that she loved having a president “who can drink a glass of water with a single hand!”
Writer Holly Figueroa O’Reilly also shared the tweet writing, “That sound you hear is a stubby-fingered, orange faced man-child crying about how his water bottle was rigged so he had to use two hands.”
Author Majid M Padellan, meanwhile, posted the video alongside the words: “ONE. HAND.”
At least two videos have since surfaced comparing Biden’s ability to drink water with one hand to Trump’s two-handed approach.
The former president’s drinking style became the source of much debate last year when he was filming during a graduation speech at the US Military Academy at West Point, New York, struggling to raise a glass of water to his mouth.
In a video posted to Twitter, Trump appeared to be having some issue lifting the glass to his lips using his right hand and eventually had to use his left to help.
Following the speech the hashtag “#Trumpisnotwell” began trending on Twitter.
A week later, Trump addressed the incident during a campaign rally in Tulsa where he claimed he used two hands because he did not want to spill water on his silk tie.
“I look down at my tie because I’ve done it, I’ve taken water and spilled down onto your tie, it doesn’t look good for a long time, and frankly the tie is never the same,” he told the crowd.
To emphasize the point and dispel any notions of ill health, he then proceeded to pick up a glass of water with one hand and drink from it.
Since then, several conflicting videos have been shared online, some showing Trump appearing to drink one-handed with ease and others showing him using two.
Newsweek has reached out to the White House and Trump Organization for comment.
- Joe Biden Will Challenge Trump To Do Push Ups If He Makes Fun Of His Age
- Flailing Joe Biden unveils new ad saying 'This is only getting started' after he falls to disastrous FIFTH place in New Hampshire and Bernie Sanders becomes Democratic frontrunner
- Joe Biden mistakenly calls his late son Beau the US Attorney General at town hall meeting leading Donald Trump Jr to mock him for having 'no idea what he’s saying or where he is'
- Donald Trump calls on Republicans to vote for the WEAKEST candidate in New Hampshire Democratic primary to sabotage it as he claims Nancy Pelosi was 'mumbling' and 'distracting' him during his State of the Union speech
- Trump, Who Bragged About Grabbing Women's Genitals, Mocks Joe Biden Over Inappropriate Behavior — and Biden Claps Back
- Could the Joe Biden allegations lead to Donald Trump's re-election?
- BREAKING: Bernie WINS the Nevada caucuses: Donald Trump congratulates 'Crazy' Sanders for taking home more than 54% of the vote and mocks the 'weak' other candidates - but Biden insists he's STILL alive in the race
- 'I don't think Trump can figure out what to do with me.' Pete Buttigieg claims Donald Trump hasn't attacked him much because he hasn't found a vulnerability yet but says 'if he can't, he'll make one up'
- Donald Trump Just Landed At LAX, Traffic Coming To Standstill In Downtown L.A & Beverly Hills – UPDATE
- Donald Trump’s Campaign Creates Valentine’s Day Cards Mocking 2020 Democrats
- Donald Trump vows to 'shake up' the 'boring' Democrats when he swoops into New Hampshire for big rally ahead of their contentious presidential primary
- Donald Trump's impeachment articles will be sent to senators TODAY: Historic House vote will be followed by procession through the Capitol to deliver the articles, which was last seen before Bill Clinton's trial
- Donald Trump dares 'corrupt' Bloomberg News to weigh in on Mike Bloomberg after billionaire boss says he will sell his company if he wins the White House
- Mike Bloomberg tops two new Super Tuesday state polls before he makes his debut on the debate stage Wednesday, as Donald Trump chides 'Mini' for 'illegally buying the Democratic nomination'
- Donald Trump Pulls a Rubio and Gulps From a Big-Boy Bottle of Water
- Video: New York Activists Ambush Joe Biden With Coffin After His Fundraiser Event
- Conservative Commentator Urges Obama to Campaign for 'Loyal VP' Joe Biden in South Carolina, Take Down Sanders
- Namaste Trump LIVE: Namaste to my friend Donald Trump, says Modi at Motera stadium
- Joe Biden lost his fastball — can he get it back before South Carolina?
- Donald Trump: Democrats Face ‘Revolution’ if Mike Bloomberg Buys Nomination
Joe Biden mocking Donald Trump by drinking water with one hand in viral video have 897 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.