Jeremy Clarkson is single-handedly boosting property searches, thanks to his Amazon Prime Video smash hit series Clarkson's Farm.
But just weeks after its release, Clarkson's Farm has sparked a huge surge in interest for homes near his Diddlysquat Farm in the Cotswolds.
According to property listings website Rightmove, Clarkson's village Chadlington recorded a bigger surge in interest than anywhere else in Britain in June 2021, when compared to the same period in 2020.
Chipping Norton also recorded a 64% increase in sale searches following increasing interest from home movers looking to relocate to countryside towns and villages.
The website's director of property data Tim Bannister said: 'With the number of places to discover, and areas of natural beauty to explore in the Cotswolds, it's easy to see why the show has sparked so much interest in nearby areas.'
The Grand Tour presenter's popularity hasn't gone down so well with his neighbours, however.
Huge crowds gathered at his Diddly Squat Farm shop last month, causing extreme congestion on the roads.
'Officers received reports yesterday in relation to congestion on the roads in Chadlington,' a spokesperson for Thames Valley Police told Metro.co.uk.
'Officers attended the scene, but no crime had been committed,' they added. 'Our neighbourhood team for the area is aware of the situation.'
Clarkson apologised for the disruption, tweeting: 'People of Chadlington. I'm truly sorry about the traffic around our farm shop last weekend. We are doing everything we can to improve the situation.'
Clarkson's Farm is available to stream on Amazon Prime Video.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Jeremy Corbyn Labour Party conference speech in full: Text and video of leader's radical 2018 address
- 13 explosive moments from Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party Conference speech as he declares: 'We are ready'
- Britain savaged by fatal floods
- Nick Clegg's LBC phone-in and his environment speech: Politics live blog
- Jalopnik Fantasy Garage: Volkswagen Phaeton W12
- The welfare dependants the government loves? Rich landowners
- Reaction to claims Cameron wants to 'get rid of green crap': Politics live blog
- Iron Age chariot discovered by an amateur metal detectorist is found alongside the remains of a tribal elder and his weapons and the history fanatic could receive a £1million reward
- The new left economics: how a network of thinkers is transforming capitalism
- Eurozone crisis live: Greece to probe ex-finance minister over tax scandal
- National Party MPs call for more dams as states invest in other solutions to Australia's water crisis
- 'We simply can't leave': Fishlake residents resist calls for evacuation from flooding
- The Co.Create Virtual Panel: Brand Content
- Holding the G-7 Summit at a Trump Golf Course Is Blatant Corruption
- 2020 BMW 7 Series Debuts With Massive Grille, New V8 Engine
- The power of one: how single women are reshaping the political landscape
Jeremy Clarkson responsible for biggest property search boost in Britain thanks to Clarkson’s Farm have 539 words, post on metro.co.uk at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.