COUNTING On patriarch Jim Bob Duggar has a massive real estate empire worth $6,235,050 to fall back on after the cancellation of the family’s reality show, The Sun can exclusively reveal.
One of the properties in Washington County includes the Duggar family's 20-acre Arkansas compound seen on 19 Kids and Counting, and spinoff Counting On .
They purchased additional parcels of land in September 2014 for $400,000.
The Sun previously reported Jim Bob and Michelle dropped $160,000 to expand their Arkansas compound by 29 acres in May.
Another property includes a 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom Springdale, Arkansas home that Jim Bob purchased in 2015 for $450,000.
Jim Bob spent $10,000 on 1.292 acres of land in 2013.
He also spent $225,000 on commercial real estate in 2010, which a business rents out today.
They bought a run-down home in 2017 for $116,031.
As for Benton County, Jim Bob dropped $500,000 for a 47,519 square-foot warehouse that sits on 2.49 acres of land in March 2021.
He purchased a 8,100 square-foot warehouse back in 2016 for $310,000.
As The Sun previously reported, son James, 20, bought a two-bathroom home that sits on 2.65 acres of land for $72,988 in April 2020.
He ended up transferring the deed to Jim Bob and Michelle in December 2020 for free.
The couple also bought a 2,112 square-foot home for $100,000 in June 2017.
They purchased 16.28 acres of land next to the home for $43,000.
Jim Bob and Michelle also own plots of land in Benton County.
The TLC star works as a real estate agent in addition to appearing on reality TV.
Jim Bob and Michelle put their properties to good use, as they sold a home they flipped in February for a whopping $1,380,000.
The couple initially bought it for $230,000 in 2014.
A representative for the couple told People at the time of the sale: "They've always looked for opportunities where they could improve something.
"They just like flipping houses. They like the construction business, the remodel, and seeing something go from bad to good — from unused to being attractive for others."
Jim Bob fortunately has his real estate career to fall back on, as The Sun previously reported the family is expected to "lose $850,000 a year" after the show's cancellation.
A source told The Sun: “The family was roughly paid $80k for each chunk of filming, and some seasons were longer than others, but they were picking up on average $850k a season.
“I think a lot of people will be shocked to learn they were earning that much, and it all went to Jim Bob who invested some of it for the family, and handed the rest out.
“But there were often arguments about payments, who deserved what and whether people were being paid correctly for their time on air, that was a major issue over the years.
“Some family members are glad TLC pulled the plug so they can go off on their own and manage their own money, but Jim Bob is undoubtedly p****d because it was a huge income."
The Sun broke the show was canceled after 11 seasons following oldest son Josh's child pornography arrest in April.
The family was left "shocked" by the cancellation , The Sun reported.
19 Kids and Counting was canceled in 2015 following his son Josh's molestation scandal , as spinoff Counting On premiered shortly after without the oldest Duggar child.
Most read in Entertainment
His wife Anna is expecting their seventh child.
- The 25 richest families in the world
- Your essential guide to top TV shows and movies to watch over New Year
- 20 years on from Bill Clinton's impeachment, what are the parallels
- Bob Mortimer told Desert Island Discs about life in Middlesbrough
- For 30 years of EitC, 30 of its greatest successes
- Dead Michael Jackson is still earning £150m a year despite paedophile claims
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by BP: Eavesdropped her right in it — Delaying tactics — Valentine’s Day love-in canceled?
- The Yorkshire lad who became a real life Godfather
- The only impeachment guide you’ll ever need
- Jailed in January: 19 Hull criminals who are now behind bars
- Everyone who has been fired by Trump or quit since he became president
- Trump’s Inquisitors: How far will the Democrats go with their new found investigative powers?
- Laura Slattery
- The Steele Papers: Dossier at Heart of Trump Scandal Still Dogs President
- Citizenship of the European Union
- Ranked: the 50 most powerful people in Plymouth
- POLITICO London Playbook: A win’s a win — Nothing has changed? — Now May faces Brussels showdown
- ‘I found every Christmas Radio Times since the 70s in an attic'
- Working but homeless: a tale from England’s housing crisis
- Top 10 Liverpool judges' put-downs and sentencing remarks of 2018
Inside Jim Bob Duggar’s $6.2M real estate empire as family ‘loses $850K a year’ after Counting On is canceled have 886 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.