Katya Jones wraps up while on a cold train
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Strictly Come Dancing star Katya Jones , 32, has taken to Instagram to express her exasperation at travelling on public transport during the UK heatwave. The dance professional no doubt raised a few eyebrows during her long train journey yesterday, after she took an original approach to protecting her neck and back from seizing up and claimed that the trains were set to a temperature similar to “the North Pole”.
I have to be extremely careful
Taking to her stories, the glammed-up star didn’t attempt to hide her annoyance at the low-temperatures.
Donning a face mask, the star took a selfie with a brightly patterned scarf on her head for her 178,000 followers to see.
However, Katya explained that she had fashioned the make-shift head scarf from a pair of trousers.
She wrote: “When it’s 30 degrees outside, but it’s freezing on the train – you go Russian style and wrap your trousers to keep you warm.”
Katya Jones took to Instagram to bemoan the cold temperatures of trains during a long journey (Image: INSTAGRAM/ ITV)
Katya Jones shared her hack with her fans which saw her fashion a scarf from trousers (Image: INSTAGRAM)
On the next slide, the dance expert gave her fans an insight into her unique approach to turning her bottoms into headwear.
Katya captioned the clip: “Why do they think we want to travel in a North Pole climate???”
“Well there you go, reuse/ repurpose tip of the day for you!” she added.
Hours later, an annoyed-looking Katya returned to her stories, revealing that she was still travelling across the country.
Katya Jones revealed her health reasons for protecting her face and neck from cold air (Image: INSTAGRAM)
Katya Jones has been confirmed as part of the Strictly 2021 line up (Image: GETTY)
After Katya put her trousers on, she fashion a head scarf from a top (Image: INSTAGRAM)
Strictly Romances (Image: EXPRESS.CO.UK)
Wearing a bright, red lipstick and smokey eye, the Strictly star looked less than impressed as yet another train blasted the aircon.
Instead of sporting her brightly coloured trousers on her head, the Russian native had turned a top into a headscarf, with only her face peeking through.
She commented: “Next train, cold again. Trousers are now on, so had to find a new hack.”
However, Katya explained why it was that she had been forced to fashion makeshift headscarves out of various items of clothing.
Helen Skelton details bizarre demand from Amazon pirates [INSIGHT] Kirsty Gallacher announces she's taking ‘bit of a break’ from GB News [UPDATE] Brigitte Bardot, Sophia Loren, Gina Lollabrigida: Stars then and now [ANALYSIS]
“Let me explain,” she started.
“Apart from the fact that the temperature set inside was way too low for me I have to be extremely careful,” Katya wrote.
“I can’t have air blowing at my neck, back, head, ears, face, because I get stiff neck or back or ear ache or sore throat immediately.
“So all these aircons and fans just don’t work for me!” she added, before signing off.
Last month, the star addressed her co-star Janette Manrara’s career move after it was announced that she will be hosting Strictly: It Takes Two following Zoe Ball’s departure.
During a Live Instagram Q&A with the American dance pro, Katya said: "It's gonna be weird talking to you on the sofa."
Laughing, Janette replied: "It's not going to be weird because it's like chatting to your friend Katya.
"It's just like if me and you were hanging out at my flat and talking about the dance at the weekends."
- Ali Fazal: Addressing mental health issues doesn’t work on the one-size-fits-all concept
- HHS announces $3B to address pandemic-related mental health issues, substance use
- Naomi Osaka is raising awareness of mental health issues in professional sports
- Why aren’t women of colour believed when they address mental health issues?
- Queensland Health issues quarantine direction for NSW exposure sites
- Horoscope for June 5 by Astro Sundeep Kochar: Virgos might face health issues, Scorpios will have a stressful day at work!
- Autism is not a mental health issue, yet I was sectioned
- Carl Gottlieb Quits WGA West Vice Presidential Race For Health Issues
- Maradona death probe: Seven suspects issued travel bans
- Business Travel Survey Says 50% Ready To Fly, But Likely Many Won’t
- Are pregnant women with mental health problems being let down?
- COVID-19: Homecare Guidelines By Ministry Of AYUSH On How To Take Care Of Children
- Americans are not getting the mental health treatment they need, report says
- Limited health facilities leave Papua facing tough COVID-19 fight
- Violent assaults, insufficient care: Inside the chaos of SF General's emergency room
- 'Don't put face masks in the freezer' Dr Amir issues warning for keeping cool in the heat
- Expert says you shouldn't sleep naked in heatwave as it may make you feel hotter
- Black community has new option for health care: the church
- Indiana Jones: Harrison Ford health crisis made Steven Spielberg change iconic scene
- Dr Hilary Jones says he 'doesn't want to be Dr Killjoy' after rows with Richard Madeley
'I have to be careful' Katya Jones addresses health issue as she travels in heatwave have 1008 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.