A 15-year-old girl has been raped in the sea off a packed UK beach with police hunting a 17-year-old boy, police said.
The incident happened at about 3.30pm in the sea off Bournemouth beach near to the Oceanarium on Sunday July 18.
The victim was with her friends playing with a ball when it landed in front of a teenage boy, police said.
The boy eventually threw it back to one of the group and then began talking to the victim, before pulling her out deeper into the sea where it is reported that he raped her.
Detectives investigating the report are asking for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
A release by Dorset Police says: “The offender told the victim that he was 17 years old and was travelling to Birmingham.
“He is described as possibly of Pakistani descent and with tanned skin, between five feet and five feet seven inches tall and of a thin but muscular build with short dark hair that was pushed back and looked freshly trimmed.”
He was wearing black or grey swimming shorts, the statement added.
Detective Inspector Wayne Seymour, of the Major Crime Investigation Team, said: "A full investigation is underway into this incident and we are continuing to support the victim while we carry out enquiries.
Alternatively, to stay 100 per cent anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers online at Crimestoppers-uk.org or call Freephone 0800 555 111.
- BBC 'covered up second top DJ's abuse of girl, 15' according to 'leaked Savile report'
- Boy, 17, identified as first US minor to die of coronavirus had NO known pre-existing conditions and may have died of septic shock - as his Uber driver father now battles the disease in California where death toll hits 51
- Covidiots call police asking 'can I wash my horse?' and 'can I go shopping?' as Briton's defy government's warnings to stay at home to head to parks and beaches – with temperatures set to soar to 20C today
- What pandemic? Beachgoers in one of Australia's coronavirus hotspots on Sydney's northern beaches flout social distancing rules AGAIN to get in some surf and sun
- Sharee Turner, 15, missing from South Coogee in Sydney’s east
- Delhi rape: Defence lawyers blame Braveheart, her friend, and government
- Don’t Delay Your Stay: How to spend a weekend on the NSW south coast
- Sayulita, hippy-chic Mexico on the Pacific coast
- Child grooming: Belfast man, 51, accused of raping a schoolgirl
- The great HPV vaccine cop out: Health chiefs say costs are too high to extend life-saving jabs to boys as well as girls but doctors say that is a cheap excuse
- How Mari Gilbert - who lost a child to Long Island serial killer and inspired Netflix biopic Lost Girls - was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher six years later by her other daughter
- Teenage girl believes her missing boyfriend, 16, who vanished during coronavirus lockdown could be walking 280-miles to see her as his heartbroken mother pleads for help
- Girl, 14, hangs her one-year-old baby 'because she wanted to spend time with her friends' in Thailand
- Coronavirus-stricken cruise ships leave Sydney Harbour after NSW police operation, but the Ruby Princess remains
- Newborn baby hit as group of teenagers throw snowballs through open car window
- Citizens swarm Chennai's beaches for Operation Cleanup
- The tragic 15-year-old and the diary that rocked Tony Blackburn's world four decades on
- Two years after a ban was lifted on women battling in frontline roles: Just 19 and 5ft 4in, how Georgia fought her way into the RAF boys’ club
- Delingpole: #CovidNazis – UK Police Force Clamps Down on Rural Dog Walkers
- Hero PCSO dies of coronavirus: Brave officer, 66, who swam 800ft into the North to save four teenage girls being swept away in dinghy dies from bug in hospital four years later
Girl, 15, raped in the sea off coast of packed beach with police hunting teenage boy have 609 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.