Germany Economy Minister Peter Altmaier said Germany’s reaction to the poisoning of Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny should not be linked to the construction of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, in an interview with a German daily published on Sunday. “Business relationships and business projects that have existed for decades are one thing and serious human rights violations and our reactions to them are another,” Altmaier told the newspaper Bild am Sonntag. Altmaier’s statement follows a remark on Friday by German chancellor Angela Merkel, who also warned against linking the two issues. It comes after Russia expelled German and European other diplomats, accusing them of taking part in ‘illegal’ protests against the jailing of Navalny. Watch video 01:35 Share Work resumes on Nord Stream 2 Send Facebook Twitter reddit EMail Facebook Messenger Web Whatsapp Web Telegram linkedin Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3nwyJ After sanctions uncertainty, work resumes on Nord Stream 2 Altmaier told the paper that contractors should move ahead with the construction of the controversial pipeline. Nord Stream 2 will double the shipments of Russian natural gas to Germany. The US and several EU countries such as Poland oppose the project, stating that it will increase Germany’s dependency on Russia for gas. The controversial project is nearly… Read full this story
- Don't Quit Your Day Job For Your Internet Business, Not Yet!
- The Latest: Erdogan rejects call for ceasefire in Syria
- Inside Deutsche Bank’s brazen scheme to woo China: Gifts, Golf and a $4,254 Wine
- Cyberwar in Estonia and the Middle East
- Walking Between Kathmandu & Tibet - Day Six
- The Story of General Bose (Synopsis) - Computer AI Who Became Supreme Commander
- Blood Diamonds - How Do You Know?
- Why God Created Boredom - How Can You Eliminate it From Your Life?
- Road Carnage Reduced - Accidents Overcome With New Ideas - Absolute Safety Device
- Water Efficiency - The Resource Matrix - Part 3 of 4 - The Coming Cold Water Wars
German minister: Don't link Navalny with Nord Stream 2 have 317 words, post on www.dw.com at July 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.