EastEnders’ Di Marco family were notorious for their non-stop drama after they were introduced to the BBC One soap in early 1998.
Matriarch Rosa ruled the family, who ran Italian restaurant Guiseppe's but brothers Beppe and Gianna and sisters Teresa and Nicky were also famed for their roles.
The roles made Michael Greco, Marc Bannerman, Leila Birch and Louise Jameson stars of the square, but where have they been since they were given the boot?
We can now take a look at the cast who played one of Walford’s most entertaining families and see what they have been up to since they left Albert Square.
Michael Greco – Beppe
Michael Grecco was the longest reigning family member before his departure in 2002.
Also known as 'The Grecs' he was one of the soaps earliest success stories with his role as fiery Beppe Di Marco.
Three years after leaving the soap, Michael appeared in the first ever season of Love Island .
Back then, the show featured celebrities and it made its TV debut in 2005 with Michael as one of the stars looking for love in the villa alongside big names like Paul Danan and Callum Best.
He came fourth, and went on to embrace more reality TV by appearing a contestant on ITV's Soapstar Superstar and playing in Soccer Aid a year later.
The star is also famed for his poker career, with his tournament winnings nearing a total of £500,000.
Earlier this year Michael became a first time dad at the age of 51 with his girlfriend Helen Harris.
Marc Bannerman – Gianni
Irish-born Marc Bannerman a pinnacle role in the feud between the Di Marcos and the Mitchells.
But after leaving the show in 2000 the star revealed he was suffering from depression.
He later went on to star in I'm A Celebrity in 2007 alongside stars including singer Cerys Matthews, but ended up leaving the jungle first.
Marc has enjoyed roles in other shows such as Holby City and Footballers' Wives spin-off Extra Time, and embraced a career in theatre.
Last year Marc starred in Sky One's Agatha Raisin as the victim PC Beech and series Pennyworth.
Leila Birch – Teresa
Real life is running much smoother for Leila Birch than her time on the square.
Teresa had a turbulent journey including love affairs, a run-in with the police for possession of drugs and her on-screen boyfriend was even imprisoned for her murder.
Now based in the states, Leila has gone on to star in Mr Peabody and Sherman and appeared in the world premiere of Twelfth Night: The Musical.
Louise Jameson – Rosa
Louise already had an established acting career before joining the Di Marco family, including a sting in Doctor Who and The Omega Factor.
But since leaving EastEnders, Louise has gone on to tour a one-woman show and starred in shows from Holby City to Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap.
Rosa's departure from the square was the end of the Di Marco's after the character suffered a heart attack, making way from another troublesome family in the form of the Slaters.
- Gabby Allen’s ex Myles Stephenson is in talks to join I’m A Celebrity line-up after split from the Love Island star
- TV Choice Awards: Coronation Street star Katie McGlynn has a FURIOUS row with Love Island couple Maura Higgins and Curtis Pritchard... as they lead the worse for wear stars leaving the after-party
- Celebs Go Dating’s Lee Ryan and Love Island’s Laura Anderson spotted cosying up together on a date in London
- Love Island’s Megan Barton Hanson ‘sells nude pictures and videos online’
- Love Island exes Curtis Pritchard and Amy Hart suffer awkward run-in at ITV Palooza
- Love Island’s Zara McDermott and Georgia Steel look strikingly similar in near-identical blue gowns for ITV Palooza
- TV Choice Awards 2019: Strictly star AJ Pritchard's dancer girlfriend Abbie Quinnen narrowly avoids a wardrobe malfunction in a plunging lilac blazer
- Marnie Simpson PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Pregnant star shows off her bump with beau Casey Johnson as they are supported by reality TV co-stars at gender reveal bash
- Ant McPartlin's jungle warfare: As the new I'm a Celeb series kicks off, the real contest is host Ant's battle with his ex Lisa who's turned down millions to reveal in court how his addictions nearly killed him, ALISON BOSHOFF writes
- I’m A Celeb map reveals camp secrets and trials including Shaft Misery and Scar E Oke
- Strictly fans convinced Graziano has been snubbed AGAIN as he fails to get a celeb partner for Children In Need special
- I’m A Celeb star Jacqueline Jossa messaged Gabby Allen demanding to know: ‘Did you sleep with my husband?’
- I’m A Celeb star Jacqueline Jossa’s husband Dan Osborne is ‘missing’ her already as he spends time with their kids
- Dan Osborne looks worse for wear after enjoying night with Christine McGuinness while wife Jac Jossa’s in I’m A Celeb
- I'm A Celeb Extra Camp has new presenters - but what's happened to the previous hosts
- Gemma Collins wows in turquoise as Holly Willoughby leads stars dressed in black for ITV Palooza’s red carpet
- Towie’s Amy Childs signs up for Celebs Go Dating as she joins Mel B and Amy Hart in bid to find love
- Jacqueline Jossa and Dan Osborne take their kids to the park as they play happy families after cheating scandal
- Inside the Kennedy "Curse": Why This Family Has Been Touched by So Much Tragedy
- All New Monty viewers cry ‘buckets of tears’ as brave stars strip off for cancer awareness
EastEnders' Di Marco family now from poker champion and Love Island star to I'm A Celeb have 967 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.