A couple who were enjoying their KFC meal say they were left sickened after discovering a dead wasp.
Lindsey Ross and his wife Erlinda drove to the fried chicken chain on Wednesday afternoon to pick up their dinner.
They returned to their home in Springwell Village, Gateshead and started eating, only for Erlinda, 49, to start screaming.
Lindsey said he asked his wife what was wrong, and she showed him what looked like a dead wasp in her Zinger salad.
The 73-year-old returned to the restaurant and was refunded the cost of Erlinda's meal, but said the sight put him off his own dinner.
The pair drove to KFC at around 5pm on Wednesday to get food for themselves and Lindsey's son.
After ordering at the drive-thru window they were asked to wait in the car park until their meals were brought out and handed through the car window.
Retired mechanical engineer Lindsey said: "We were eating in the living room, my wife was eating a Zinger salad and she suddenly screamed and showed this dead wasp.
"It was in with the salad – there was buttermilk sauce all over it so you couldn't really see it at first.
"It put me off eating mine."
Lindsey returned to the KFC branch to speak with the manager.
He said: "I felt he was very blasé about it. He said 'these things happen' but they shouldn't happen,
"He asked how we knew it hadn't come from our house, but we'd know if there was a wasp flying around.
"I was concerned that he wasn't concerned. I've never complained about anything in my life before.
"They gave us a refund of £5.29 for her meal, but I'd forked out £23 altogether and I'd left mine.
"I would like them to apologise and say if they're going to take any action to stop it happening again."
A KFC spokesperson said: " Oh dear, our team didn't spot this little guy in the salad before it reached the guest, which certainly isn't up to our usual high standards.
“We're really sorry about that and have offered them a full refund to make it right.
“The restaurant team also made sure they thoroughly checked the rest of the orders that day to prevent anyone else making their way in!"
- FMIA Super Bowl LIV: How the Chiefs ‘Put the Stinger’ in the 49ers and The Backstory on 2-3 Jet Chip Wasp
- A 'Survivor' Producer, a Dead Wife, Four Years in a Mexican Prison: New Evidence Amid a Nightmare
- Mum played dead to save herself from 'monster' rapist she met on Tinder
- Hero firefighter whose wife died before his home was flattened by a deadly bushfire now lives in a tent and spends his days looking for his 'best mate' dog, Kozi, who fled as inferno closed in
- 'How are we supposed to get home?': Fury as Foreign Office warns ALL 30,000 Brits in China to LEAVE as death toll hits 427 - but tells them 'find your own way back' and stops repatriation flights
- Season Finale Recap: Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe
- Artists, tenants give vastly varied views on Ghost Ship operators
- 'He is so, so sorry': Emotional parents of 'drunk' driver accused of killing four children on a footpath say their son has a 'good heart' - and reveal they lost their own daughter in tragic circumstances
- FMIA—Patrick Mahomes Reflects on LIV Turnaround By Following Dad’s Advice: ‘It’s All About The Next Pitch’
- The 9 Minutes That Almost Changed America
- I'll have what he's having
- Valentine's Day: SF Bay Area Dining & Event Guide 2020
- In coronavirus-stricken Wuhan, an army of volunteers is offering a lifeline to those under lockdown
- American cruise passenger passes the time stuck in coronavirus quarantine by tweeting reviews of his food as he jokes the only pleas for help are 'for more coffee'
- Arie Luyendyk Jr. Reveals Why He Said Goodbye to Tia After
- The Gold Lamé Dream of Bette Midler
- I was raped by a priest, almost drowned and mutilated by nuns who snatched my newborn away in evil mother and baby homes
- Bali dog meat trade: 'Nothing prepared me for the brutal catching of dogs', says investigator
- Little Dudley Happy at Last
- Back from the brink: How I reversed my type 2 diabetes
Couple left 'sickened' and 'screaming' after finding dead wasp in KFC meal have 731 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.