BORIS Johnson will unveil his blueprint to blitz crime this week.
The PM will reveal plans to give victims a named officer to contact to keep up to date with their case.
And he will launch a new system for prosecuting rape cases where convictions remain low.
The Prime Minister is set to unveil proposals tomorrow after ending his Covid isolation.
Most read in News
He said: "We need to continue to put more police out on the street, and to back them."
Other measures include a new crackdown against county lines drug gangs.
But Ken Marsh, of the Met Police Federation representing rank-and-file officers in the capital, said the named officer plan was a "gimmick".
- Britain is warned not to break lockdown to celebrate VE Day as Boris Johnson prepares 'to keep restrictions until at least June' with just 'baby steps' out to be announced on Sunday
- Boris Johnson and the lockdown struggle: Allies urge the PM to ease restrictions swiftly to avert a depression - but others fear that would trigger a second wave ahead of crucial address to the nation on Sunday
- 'Stay Home' slogan 'could be replaced by 'Stay Safe' as Boris Johnson eases lockdown from Monday with exercise limit lifted and picnics and rural trips allowed in new five-step roadmap
- Boris Johnson 'will keep Britain in lockdown until at least June': PM vows to proceed with 'baby steps' amid fears care home outbreaks have scuppered recovery ahead of crucial address to the nation on Sunday
- Wales drops limits on outdoor exercise and says garden centres and libraries can open with Boris Johnson set to follow suit on Sunday - but Nicola Sturgeon warns 'stay at home' coronavirus guidance MUST remain amid UK splits
- Boris Johnson claims the UK will test 'hundreds of thousands of people every day' – despite ministers FAILING to hit 100,000 tests a day target for eight days in a row
- Accosted over a Costa: Park-goer gives takeaway coffee cup-carrying Boris Johnson a piece of his mind - as Prime Minister pleads with Brits to stay at home during last days of lockdown
- Boris Johnson reveals ‘first careful steps’ of easing coronavirus lockdown as part of 3 phase plan to normal life
- Celebrities such as Laura Whitmore and Lucy Watson offer VERY different reactions to Boris Johnson's lockdown update... as Matt Lucas films hilarious parody of the PM's 'muddled' speech
- Boris Johnson admits UK's coronavirus death toll is 'appalling' but insists lockdown will be eased on MONDAY - after figures revealed Britain has the worst fatality numbers in Europe
- Boris Johnson’s optimism and fighting spirit is needed more than ever to get Britain off its knees
- All the things Boris Johnson DIDN'T explain: From wearing masks, seeing family to returning to work... the unanswered questions from the PM's latest Covid address to the nation
- Boris Johnson unveils new slogan for roadmap out of lockdown but new stay at home message draws criticism amid shock warning 100,000 could die if coronavirus restrictions are lifted too early
- Boris Johnson's speech in full: Prime Minister's lockdown address to the nation
- Boris Johnson's speech in full: 'first, careful steps' to ease Covid-19 lockdown
- UK's crucial coronavirus R rate could be only JUST below one, Boris Johnson admits as he says UK is still on a knife edge and tougher restrictions will return if it rises
- China brands Britain's handling of coronavirus as a 'mess' as it blasts Boris Johnson for urging people to get back to work
- Lockdown has ALREADY been loosened for cleaners and nannies as Boris Johnson prepares to unveil exit strategy on Sunday - but Nicola Sturgeon warns 'stay at home' coronavirus guidance MUST remain amid UK splits
- Companies 'will have to provide face masks for all who return to work' with Boris Johnson set to recommend their use tomorrow
- EXCLUSIVE: Boris Johnson hails British ‘fortitude’ as he aims to draw a line under chaos in Westminster and public confusion over new rules as we ‘inch forwards’ out of lockdown
Boris Johnson plans to give crime victims a named cop to keep them to date with their case have 732 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.