New reports claim that Beyonce and Jay-Z's New Orleans house was deliberately set on fire this week.
The couple's $2.4 million (£1.7m) Spanish baroque mansion in the Garden District of New Orleans, Louisiana, went up in flames on Wednesday night , and local officials told TMZ the fire has been classified as simple arson.
Officers initially responded to the scene following a call about a suspicious person and when they got there they discovered the property had been set on fire.
It had been reported it took 22 firefighters two hours to extinguish the flames, and things could have been much worse if it hadn't been for their quick response.
A source said: 'If they didn't get there when they did, it could have been much worse. It's a historic home.'
The home was bought by Sugarcane Park LLC in 2015, with the company being managed by Celestine Lawson, the legal name of Beyonce's mother who is usually known as Tina Knowles.
Sugarcane Park is registered at an address in Sherman Oaks, California where Beyonce has a number of other companies headquartered.
The six-bedroom house was built in 1927 as the Westminster Presbyterian church, according to Realtor.com, and spans 12,500 square feet.
It housed an eight-dancer ballet company before it was converted to a home in 2000.
Beyonce had a dose of bad luck in March this year when more than $1m (£726,000) were stolen from her storage units.
Thieves targeted the Los Angeles lockers twice, making off with designer dresses and handbags, according to TMZ.
The units were rented by Beyonce's production company Parkwood Entertainment but the stolen items belonged to her.
Metro.co.uk has contacted representatives for Beyonce for comment.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Halloween happenings around New York City this weekend
- Local Super Bowl heroes: New Jersey
- 2013 Black History Month events in New York
- New Jersey: Hamilton's Right Hand Land
- Beyoncé brings 'The Mrs. Carter Tour' home as she takes to Izod Center stage
- 20 things you don't know about Central Jersey
- Readers sound off on speed cameras and the soda ban
- 14 delicious bites of news you need to know
- 15 best albums of 2016
- Barclays Center at 1 year: The top moments in sports
- Sydney Leathers, fresh from her Anthony Weiner performance, is angling for a SiriusXM radio gig
- Spook-tacular happenings: Your guide to Central Jersey Halloween activities
- The eternal question: Do baseball playoff games take too long?
- Leonardo DiCaprio helps throw birthday party for rumored love interest Rihanna: report
Beyonce and Jay-Z’s New Orleans home ‘deliberately set on fire’ as blaze guts historical mansion for two hours have 488 words, post on metro.co.uk at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.