Andy Murray wedding: Tennis pro Andy married Kim Sears at Dunblane Cathedral in 2015, but surprisingly his fellow Tennis stars didn’t get an invite – here’s why
Andy Murray spends a lot of his time on the court, rubbing shoulders and competing against the world’s greatest tennis stars, but when it came to his wedding day in 2015, most of his on-court pals didn’t get an invite.
Andy married wife Kim Sears on 11 April 2015 at Dunblane Cathedral, in Andy’s hometown, and they decided to have a modest guestlist of close friends and family, which meant hardly any celebrities.
WATCH: Andy Murray gets emotional over important tennis match
In an interview before the big day, Andy explained: “There won’t be any celebrities as such. I don’t have any celebrity friends, so it wasn’t something that was planned.”
The couple said ‘I do’ in Scotland
He revealed the couple’s easy guestlist strategy: “[It’ll be] Everyone who we’re close to, people we’ve spent a lot of time with in the past but also people we see ourselves spending time with in the future. That’s how we came up with the names.”
Although one household name who was lucky enough to secure a golden ticket to the nuptials was British tennis star Tim Henman.
Andy and Kim now have four children together
It is a good job they did have some guests there though as they required them to get involved when it came to the first dance. Speaking to Sue Barker, Andy explained: “We did the first dance but we both had told our friends: ‘Ten, fifteen seconds max and you all have to get up here because this is going to be painful otherwise’.”
Andy spent £1.8million to buy his wedding venue
Despite the low-key guestlist, Kim pulled out all the stops when it came to her breathtaking bridal look. She wore bespoke Swarovski crystal-encrusted gown by Jenny Packham , one of Kate Middleton’s favourite designers. The ivory dress featured a full skirt, elbow-length sparkly sleeves and an open V-shaped back with embellished detailing around her waist.
Their wedding reception was held at the stunning Cromlix House, and the venue was actually purchased by Andy after his brother Jamie tied the knot at the hotel back in 2010. So, members of the public can celebrate their wedding at a hotel owned by Andy himself!
Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.
- 'I felt my hip a little bit' – Murray provides fitness update after Ward win
- Waiting for Novak Djokovic With Tennis Great (Turned Coach) Boris Becker
- 'Ya man is bugged out!' 50 Cent throws his support behind Kim Kardashian for being 'cool' about husband Kanye West's sensational cheating and divorce claims
- Meek Mill calls Kanye West a liar after bipolar rapper tweets he's be 'trying to get divorced' from Kim Kardashian since she met with Mill at an LA hotel to discuss prison reform
- 'The marriage is over!' Kanye West and Kim Kardashian 'have been considering a divorce FOR WEEKS' prior to the rapper's Twitter meltdown amid fears for his mental health
- Dancing With The Stars: Celebrities who have appeared on the ABC competition show
- Who WILL she wear on her big day? How the hottest celebrity trends will dictate Sam Armytage's choice of wedding gown - as we break down her likely looks
- Kanye West's biggest rifts - stars who won't be sending him wishes as he celebrates birthday
- Alexis Bellino EXCLUSIVE: RHOC vet, 42, reveals she is 'happy' with 'love of my life' Andy Bohn... 9 months after finalizing divorce from Jim Bellino
- Pregnant Katy Perry and fiancé Orlando Bloom 'postpone their wedding AGAIN' as they focus on 'delivering a healthy child'
- Vogue Williams gives BIRTH: Star welcomes a 'beautiful' baby daughter with husband Spencer Matthews
- The celebrity wedding rich list – from Kim K’s two city nuptials & £105k flower wall to Priyanka’s 18-foot cake
- 'We rolled out the red carpet for Meghan': Frustrated Kate Middleton and Prince William hit back at claims in devastating biography that Duchess and Harry felt shunned by the Royal Family and insist they welcomed her with open arms
- Kanye loads up on children's clothes from Walmart and visits the bank with friend Damon Dash who denies the rapper is 'crazy' and slams Kim after she blamed his erratic behavior on 'bi-polar disorder'
- Coronation Street’s Sam Robertson looks unrecognisable with his natural curly hair as he goes to the pub with co-stars Jack P. Shepherd and Daniel Brocklebank
- Emmerdale spoilers: Kim Tate replaced by son Jamie as she temporarily leaves the village
- WAGS star Nicole Williams showcases her incredible curves as she enjoys a playful day in Malibu with husband Larry English
- 'This is historic, it's epic, but I tell you Texas can handle anything': Trump and Melania lift spirits with visit to Corpus Christi as worst rainfall in American history brings Lone Star State to its knees
- HELLO! Online's most popular stories of 2013
- Tim Henman shares his highs and lows of competing in Wimbledon championship
Andy Murray shunned tennis stars from wedding with wife Kim Sears - here's why have 881 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.