OFF to a wedding this summer? We’ve picked out some of the best wedding guest dresses right here that’ll look perfect on the day—and beyond.
Wedding season may look a little different this year, but the same sartorial principles apply: basically, there’s no better excuse to dress up and look fancy than the sound of wedding bells.
Whether you’re off to an understated ceremony and pub do, summery garden celebrations or a more grand and formal affair, there are loads of directions you can take in the wardrobe department. Generally speaking, it’s always best to avoid white (duh) and you may also want to stick with more classic styles and silhouettes that’ll have less chance of looking dated in photo albums.
Having said that, weddings are a chance to have fun with colour and print, especially in the summer months. Look out for elegant midis and silk camisole dresses in bold and bright hues, romantic floral print maxis and shorter dresses with statement sleeves or detailed embroidery.
Considering your accessories and outerwear is a must for pulling your wedding guest look together, too: day to day, most of us don’t tend to have a handbag and specific pair of shoes on hand to coordinate with our outfits, but wedding attire is the perfect excuse to go for a precision-styled look from head to toe. So embrace the fun of planning, and make sure you try on your whole outfit ahead of the date.
Need some inspo on where to get started? Check out our top picks of the best wedding guest dresses below.
This article and featured products have been independently chosen by Sun journalists. It contains links which are ads, and if you click a link and buy a product we will earn revenue.
1. Ecowish’s Polka-dot Tie Waist Halter Midi Dress
- (AD) ECOWISH Polka-dot Tie Waist Halter Midi Dress , £25.79 from Amazon – buy here
Polkadots are huge again this season and will always look timeless, so this halterneck by Ecowish is a great choice.
In a coffee and white hue, there’s more than a touch of Pretty Woman about this frock— plus we just love that asymmetric ruffle hemline!
In a midi cut, it’s perfectly wedding-appropriate while still looking statement-worthy. Team with cream accessories for a chic finish.
2. Frock and Frill’s Imelia Embellished Knee Length Dress
- (AD) Frock and Frill Women’s Imelia Embellished Knee Length Dress Formal Night, from £38.24 from Amazon – buy here
Frock and Frill is the place to go for beautiful embellishments—a feature that’s perfect for wedding attire as it makes any dress feel extra special.
This frock has a fun 60s vibe to it, with fluted half sleeve and a semi-sheer drop hem that both add plenty of drama.
Wear it to the wedding…and any invitation to Saturday night cocktails thereafter. It’s a keeper!
3. Needle and Thread’s Rose Garden Floral Print Tulle Gown
- Needle and Thread Rose Garden floral-print tulle gown, £345 from Selfridges – buy here
This dreamy gown by Needle and Thread certainly wouldn’t look out of place at a garden celebration: the floral design and tulle fabrication are super feminine and romantic.
Featuring semi-sheer sleeve panels and frilled trims, it has a deep V neckline to stop it from feeling too prim.
Add a dainty necklace, miniature bag and heeled sandals to complete the look.
4. Mango’s Frill Cotton Dress
- Frill cotton dress, £19.99 from Mango – buy here
An easy-wearing dress that really makes a statement, thanks to that ruffle neckline and the brightest shade of fuchsia.
Coming in at just £19.99, this Mango number is loose-fitting, so it’s perfect for the post-meal bloat (always a killer in stiff dresses) and will stay comfy all day.
Dress it up with heeled sandals, jewellery and a contrasting bag for wedding guest glam, and team it with flats and a tote bag for lazy park days.
5. We tried: Closet London’s Purple Gathered Neck A-Line Print Dress
- Purple Gathered Neck A-Line Print Dress, £95 from Closet London – buy here
Closet London have been designing from their London Design Room since 1996, with hand-picked prints and fabrics that really stand out from the crowd.
This gathered neck maxi dress really caught our eye, so we couldn’t wait to try it. Crafted from Italian fabric, it fitted us like a glove and looked super elegant once on, with beautiful puff sleeves and an A-line silhouette that we found to be really flattering.
It’s a dress we’d definitely buy and wear if we were going to a wedding this season—plus the colour palette and style makes it a great transitional piece heading into the autumn months.
MORE FROM SUN SELECTS FASHION
Enjoyed our guide for the best wedding guest dresses? Why not check out more dresses here, with our pick of the best prairie dresses ?
We’ve also rounded up the best suede jackets that are perfect for summer wear.
And check out our dedicated Sun Selects fashion section for more style tips, trends and products.
- Weddings in 2021: Here's what to expect after the coronavirus pandemic
- Wedding themes for every type of couple: 21 ideas to inspire you
- Getting married in a year? You need to save $2,300 a month to afford an 'average' wedding
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's royal wedding: 8 new details you didn't know
- 5 jewellery trends for summer weddings
- Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more royal wedding dress stories as told by designers
- 5 best prairie dresses: shop the floaty trend that’s here to stay this spring/summer
- 21 On-Sale Spring Dresses Under $100 To Buy Now
- 10 best affordable blogshops in Singapore for clothes, office workwear, CNY, and bridesmaid dresses (with discount codes)
- Bhumi Pednekar Sets Major Wedding Fashion Goals For Spring Season In Her Dreamy Pastel Blue Designer Lehenga
- The Voice's Emma Willis' plunging silk dress is worthy of a wedding
- Pregnant Pippa Middleton shows off her baby bump in red Ralph Lauren dress at the French Open
- Holly Willoughby wows with stunning M&S dress in flirty snap
- Rubina And Abhinav Wore The Most Dreamy Wedding Attires Ever
- 22 of the best engagement rings from Vera Wang, Tiffany and more
- The Best Wedding RSVP Cards Ever
- Holly Willoughby looks incredible in floral fairytale dress
- Stacey Solomon wows in the dreamiest summer dress – and it costs £16
- Monsoon is selling the dreamiest dresses for £20 and under! Yes, really.
- Princess Beatrice's new look borrows THIS detail from her wedding dress
5 best wedding guest dresses: from floral maxis to statement hues, shop this season’s most wedding-worthy frocks have 1150 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.