The event, themed "Economic Cooperation, Environment and Sustainable Development in Eurasia," attracted the participation of 40 parliamentary delegations.
At the opening, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan stressed that Eurasian parliamentary cooperation plays a very important role in promoting the cooperation and friendship for peace, friendship, stability and democracy among countries in the region and the world as a whole, particularly in the context of unpredictable changes in the world situation.
Speaker of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Binali Yildirim said the SMEAP 3 aims to seek solutions to global challenges, which is a difficult task but he believed it could be done with the cooperation of parliaments of countries in the region.
He names some of the challenges such as environmental pollution, war, poverty, disease, terrorism, natural disasters, trade protectionism, food security, among others.
As co-chair of MSEAP3 along with Turkey and Russia, Speaker of the National Assembly of the Republic of Korea Moon Hee-sang said MSEAP member parliaments should share law-making experience and professional knowledge for the common prosperity of Eurasia. He underlined that the proactive sharing of information will help parliaments quickly find effective solutions to problems facing countries.
Chairman of the State Duma of Russia Vyacheslav Volodin expressed the hope that the meeting will discuss economic, humanitarian and peace issues on the basis of non-interference into each other's internal affairs and respect for member countries' sovereignty and rules.
He said it is time to promote more discussion among Eurasian parliaments.
NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan is to deliver a speech at the first plenary session the same day.
MSEAP is a Eurasian parliamentary cooperation mechanism initiated by the Chairman of the State Duma of Russia and the Speaker of the National Assembly of the Republic of Korea. The annual meeting offers a chance for legislative bodies in the region to coordinate for action and improve the role of parliamentary diplomacy. The final document of MSEAP is the Joint Statement signed by heads of the participating delegations.
Vietnam took part in its first edition in Russia in 2016 and the second meeting in the RoK in 2017.
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Kicks Off With Opening Ceremonies
- At Cebit Opening Ceremony, Leaders Evoke Need to Protect Private Data
- Tennis Champ, Trailblazer Althea Gibson Honored at U.S. Open
- Cebit kicks off with talk of openness
- What to Do This Week at the U.S. Open (Yes, There’s Stuff to Do)
- First Microsoft Flagship Store Opens Today
- Finally, America will salute Althea Gibson with US Open statue
- Relief for host Egypt after opening African Cup with win
- Three ceremonies to conduct in Scrum projects
- Traditional Muslim Ceremony Allows Thousands To Mourn Muhammad Ali
- Everything old and new was golden for Sabres in home opener
- As driving summit opens, AT&T launches anti-texting campaign
- What Pivotal's big open source move really means
- First Taiwan Casino Open By 2019, Government Says
- GlaxoSmithKline Hits Out at Oracle Over Open UIs and Fusion Apps
- This Wild Video Will Make You Want to Attend a Taiwanese Funeral
- Watch Ricky Gervais Drinking Beer And Making Fun Of Hollywood In Golden Globes Opening
- SourceForge unveils winners of 'open source Oscars'
- Robert De Niro Opens First Nobu Hotel In Asia
- Jennifer Aniston Opens Up About Her Private Wedding Day
Vietnam’s top legislator attends opening ceremony of MSEAP 3 have 528 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.