Southern England faces yet more rain on Saturday, a day after some parts endured a month's worth of rainfall in 24 hours.
The Met Office has forecast outbreaks of rain to hit the South late Saturday afternoon into Saturday night, with the Environment Agency issuing 39 flood alerts, where flooding is possible, in London and surrounding areas, Kent, parts of the Home Counties, the West Midlands and Wiltshire.
It will be largely dry across most of the rest of the UK during the day as temperatures are predicted to range from highs of 19C (66.2F) in London and Cardiff to 18C (64.4F) in Belfast and 17C (62.6F) in Edinburgh.
Some sporadic showers are also forecast for Scotland.
Further rain is predicted for the south of England, northern Scotland and Northern Ireland on Sunday, while the rest of the country will likely be dry with some bright or sunny spells.
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service on Friday alerted drivers to “lots of standing water” on the roads, while the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVLA) has issued advice on driving safely through summer showers.
Areas particularly affected were Otterbourne, Hampshire, which saw 67mm of rainfall in less than 24 hours.
- UK weather forecast – Flood alerts issued across the UK today as more than two inches of rainfall drenches Britain
- UK weather: Britain on storm alert as a MONTH'S rain set to fall in just one day
- UK weather forecast – More flood alerts issued across Britain as more than two inches of rainfall drenches nation
- UK weather forecast – Met Office issues more ‘danger to life’ flood warnings as torrential rain to hit tomorrow
- UK weather forecast – Half a month’s rain to fall TOMORROW with ‘danger’ flood warnings issued from London to Scotland
- UK weather forecast – More than two inches of rainfall drenches Britain as flood alerts issued across nation
- UK weather forecast: 145 flood warnings and ice alert as big freeze descends
- UK weather forecast – 80 flood warnings in place as villages cut off for days
- UK weather forecast: Flood chaos continues with -5C freeze to follow 'wettest autumn'
- UK weather forecast: Hurricane Lorenzo to slam Britain after 160mph super storm
- UK weather forecast: Typhoon Hagibis 'to trigger washouts and gales in Britain'
- UK weather forecast: Snow blast of up to 5cm to hit amid 'danger to life' floods
- UK weather forecast: Half a month’s rain to fall TODAY with ‘danger’ flood warnings issued from London to Scotland
- UK weather: Snow, rain and ice warnings with flood-hit communities braced for deluge
- UK weather LIVE: Snow causes travel chaos as flood ravaged towns brace for more rain
- UK weather: Homes evacuated and transport chaos as Britain hit by snow and rain
- UK weather: Torrential rain brings floods, landslides and travel chaos
- UK weather forecast – More than 100 flood alerts across Britain as villages are cut off for days and more storms hit
- UK weather forecast – ‘Arctic swell’ to bring -9C coldest night of autumn this week with MORE flooding feared
- UK weather forecast: Danger to life warning for ice as temperatures drop to -9C
UK weather: More rain forecast after flood alerts have 517 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.