Chris Garaffa , web developer, technologist, security and privacy consultant, talks to us about Iran's Press TV news site, along with 3 dozen other sites from Iran, being taken down by the U.S. Department of Justice over allegations that these were spreading disinformation and the validity of this, the accusations about election interference, and whether the DOJ will stop at Iran, or use that as an excuse to shut down media from a number of official enemies.
Emily Satterwhite , volunteer activist at Appalachians Against Pipelines, tells us about the fight against the Mountain Valley Pipeline in Virginia, how it's already $2.5 billion over budget, and how it's incurring extra costs of $20 million per month. We also talk about a case being heard by the Supreme Court related to the PennEast Pipeline that will decide if the government can use eminent domain to give public lands to pipeline developers.
Nick Cruse , cofounder of Fred Hampton Leftists and citizen journalist focusing on covering state violence, the class war, and foreign policy, talks to us about how the leftist politics and movements are defined in the country, and whether the term is really applicable to politicians who are centrist. We also talk about the voting rights bill that was stalled in the Senate by intra-fighting by the Democrats, and whether they have the best interests at heart for disenfranchised voters in the country.
Mónica Cruz , producer, host and labor beat reporter for BreakThrough News, joins us to talk about the workers for the Warrior Met coal mining company in Alabama going on strike now for months, news that the Teamsters are set to vote on a resolution to make helping Amazon workers achieve unionization, and how retail workers are quitting en masse due to miserable pay and bad working conditions.
Nate Wallace , creator and co-host of the podcast Redspin Sports, talks to us about the Supreme Court ruling unanimously against the NCAA's limits on education-related perks for college athletes and the sticky baseball situation in Major League Baseball.
We’d love to get your feedback at [email protected]
- Mitch McConnell's Remembrance of John Lewis Prompts Criticism Over Stalled Voting Rights Legislation
- Trump Slashes National Monuments In Largest Reduction Of Public Land Protections In US History
- Black Students In Texas Filed A Voting Rights Suit But Didn’t Get An Answer In Time
- Biden Preaches Unity as Vote Counts Stall, Stops Short of Declaring Victory
- ‘I Voted’ Stickers for Everyone Who Needs One
- Chamber-endorsed Dems struggle on election night
- REVEALED: Giuliani witness who claims he saw Philly voting fraud is a convicted child sex offender: Poll watcher called to Rudy's parking lot presser was jailed in 1998 for exposing himself to two young girls
- Tucker Carlson reveals list of 25 dead people he says voted in the election as Nevada's Trump campaign co-chair doubles down on claim they've found fraud but don't know how widespread it is
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden snags Colorado; California gives parolees right to vote
- EXCLUSIVE: Mining union boss blasts Labor as a party of 'shiny-arse city slickers' who have abandoned blue-collar workers to please green urban elites with an 'extreme' climate change policy
- Business groups shudder at thought of Sanders as Labor secretary
- The Harvard Affirmative-Action Case Isn’t Really About Undervaluing Asian-American Labor
- Publishers come together to set up stalls to boost spl magazine sales during Diwali
- Carrie's revenge: How the PM's fiancee called time on Vote Leave faction after Cummings and Cain's 'bonfire of the Spads' - including some of her Tory ex-colleagues
- Tributes pour in for civil rights icon and US Rep. John Lewis: 'We have lost a giant'
- Court upholds California farmworker union’s right to enter growers’ property
- Ballot measures: Californians voted against bringing back affirmative action, for independent contractors
- Election maps show how L.A. has aligned with S.F. and Bay Area in progressive voting
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: On Election Eve, 97 million Americans have already voted
- Democratic House votes for Washington D.C. to become the 51st state and renamed 'Washington, Douglass Commonwealth' with all Republicans opposed
Public Lands and Pipelines; Voting Rights Bill Stalled; Labor Struggles have 665 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.