Celia Walden discusses marriage with Piers Morgan in 2018
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Piers Morgan’s wife Celia Walden, 45, has taken to Instagram to address a bad habit her former Good Morning Britain presenter husband, 56, has picked up at home. Posting a picture of the incident, the journalist outed her beau for the culinary faux-pas, which she admitted occurred after a “boozy” bank holiday Monday.
Yes I realise the inside's the nicest bit, Piers, but we've talked about this
In her view of nearly 40,000 followers, the mother-of-one addressed the incident which had caused her to brand her husband a “savage”.
The star posted a snap of half a loaf of bread which had been hollowed out, leaving only the crusts left.
Celia bemoaned that the incident had left her unable to have a sandwich, due to the nature of the damaged loaf.
In the post’s caption, the Telegraph journalist was quick to point her finger at her presenter husband.
Celia Walden called out her husband for his culinary faux-pas in an Instagram post (Image: ITV)
Celia Walden put the hollowed-out bread down to a ‘boozy’ bank holiday Monday (Image: INSTAGRAM)
She wrote: “Yes I realise the inside's the nicest bit, Piers, but we've talked about this #livingwithasavage #theregoesmysandwich.”
The star’s fans were quick to comment on the incident – with one admitting that they used to do similar when they were younger.
“I used to do that .. when I was a child”, they admitted.
Replying to the comment, Celia stated that her husband had turned to the carbohydrate following a “boozy” bank holiday barbecue.
Celia Walden and Piers Morgan have been documenting their meals out on social media (Image: INSTAGRAM)
Celia Walden branded her husband a ‘savage’ over the incident (Image: INSTAGRAM)
Celia Walden and Piers Morgan have been enjoying eating out following the easing of lockdown (Image: INSTAGRAM)
Top 10 Instagram Accounts (Image: EXPRESS.CO.UK)
“I suspect that poor loaf was a victim of post boozy BBQ ravaging”, she wrote.
One social media user chided the former newspaper editor and demanded that he finish the whole loaf.
“Eat your crusts”, they wrote alongside two laughing face emojis.
Another of the ITV host’s fans took the opportunity to compare the empty loaf to that of Good Morning Britain following his exit.
Vanessa Redgrave slams UK government ‘What's going on isn’t tolerable’ [ANALYSIS] ‘Family-abusing spoiled-brats’ Piers Morgan slams Harry and Meghan [UPDATE] Piers Morgan’s parenting tip offer ‘horrifies’ Beatrice and Eugenie [INSIGHT]
“That’s like the hole left in GMB after his departure”, they added gloomily.
Other social media users were much more helpful and quickly suggested ways that the writer could save the half-eaten loaf.
One salivated at the thought of adding “cheddar and piccalilli” to the hole, while another advised filling it with “homemade soup or clam chowder.”
The wife of the outspoken media personality also joked that she would be spending her bank holiday evening trying to fit Piers’ head into the hole after it was cheekily suggested by one fan.
Since the easing of lockdown restrictions, Celia and Piers have documented their meals out on social media.
Days ago the star likened her husband to the fictional character Homer Simpson.
Posting a picture of her beau enjoying a plateful of churros and chocolate dipping sauce, Celia made the comparison as Piers enjoyed the sweet treat.
“In the words of Homer Simpson: ‘Mmmm… donuts. Is there nothing they can’t do?'”
- 'I can't watch anymore!' Piers Morgan brands Madonna a 'self-indulgent twerp' and 'annoying' after her bizarre coronavirus bath video
- Piers Morgan compares himself to Donald Trump with orange face and white ears after doing his own make up for GMB
- 'You've got money and fame - use it!' Piers Morgan SLAMS Madonna's 'toe-curling and attention-seeking' video by claiming she should be promoting healthcare workers fighting COVID-19
- Peter Andre voices concerns for the safety of his 'hero' wife Emily and reveals they are staying in separate rooms as she braves the NHS frontline amid coronavirus pandemic
- Peter Andre's wife Emily admits she fears spreading coronavirus to her children as she battles the disease on the NHS frontline
- Game of Thrones’ Kit Harington checks into rehab for alcohol issues and stress
- Billy Joe Saunders pledges part of next fight purse to domestic violence charity after sick ‘how to hit women’ video
- Eoin Morgan says England players are open to pay cut in coronavirus pandemic if it makes a difference
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's quarantine is over: Hollywood couple struck down by coronavirus pictured smiling in LA after flying back home from Australia via private jet
- 'People don't want to hear about that kind of thing': Boris repeatedly refuses to answer questions about 'plate-smashing, screaming row' at leadership hustings - but Carrie stays away
- 'We are becoming a police state': Two peers accuse officers of heavy-handed interpretations of coronavirus advice - from banning shops selling Easter eggs to shaming walkers with drones
- Dr Fauci doubles down on his prediction that 200,000 could die and says it's 'possible' as he praises 'prudent and wise' Trump for pushing back end of coronavirus lockdown until April 30
- 'Stay safe, all of you': Katie Price sends her love to ex Peter Andre and family after he discussed his fears over their children contracting coronavirus
- NTAs 2019: Gemma Collins DOWNS wine during boozy evening... as she avoids run-in with DoI foes Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield
- Inside quarantine 'hell': Travellers returning to Australia from overseas complain about being forced to stay in five-star hotels and given three meals a day to prevent the spread of coronavirus
- Police were warned against heavy-handed lockdown enforcement five days ago... before officers handed out dozens of fines, banned the sale of Easter eggs, stalked ramblers with a drone and dyed lagoon black
- Now Sadiq Khan orders tubes to be hosed with new 'anti-viral spray' that he claims will 'keep carriages safe for 30 days' - as commuters wait 20 MINUTES to ram into packed carriages AGAIN
- 'I told her to find a brain cell in the bins outside': Julia Sawalha shares her cutthroat response to a rude teen who flouted social distancing during coronavirus lockdown
- Billy Joe Saunders BANNED from boxing for sick video ‘showing men how to hit women’ during coronavirus lockdown
- Pregnant Teen Mom star Kailyn Lowry teases new romance after Chris Lopez split
Piers Morgan's wife brands him 'savage' over domestic issue 'We've talked about this' have 1194 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.