A Face Without Freckles…Is a Night Without Stars was written by Meghan as an eighth grade assignment
On Tuesday, the 14th Librarian of US Congress Carla Hayden revealed on Twitter that Meghan submitted a book celebrating her freckles to the US Copyright Office in 1996. A Face Without Freckles…Is a Night Without Stars was written by Meghan as an eighth grade assignment.
Hayden included the book cover as well as an interior page showing an illustration of a girl resembling a young Meghan.
“Some people think freckles are strange, while I happen to disagree,” Meghan wrote. “Because if I did not have freckles, then I would not truly be me!”
There is also an “about the author” page featuring a school photo of the future Duchess of Sussex.
” Meghan Markle currently attends Immaculate Heart High School in Los Angeles, California and enjoys watching television, spending time with her friends, and participating in musical comedies,” it reads. “Meghan wrote this book in the eight grade as a school project and now wishes to continue writing throughout high school”
Meghan, then just a teen, also thanked her “mommy” and “daddy” for their support.
And she had a special request while guest-editing the September issue of British Vogue in 2019.
“My instructions from the Duchess were clear: ‘I want to see freckles!'” photographer Peter Lindbergh told the publication when he recalled the phone conversation he had with Meghan on the morning of the New York shoot.
“Well, that was like running through open doors for me. I love freckles,” he said.
The Duchess of Sussex joined NPR Weekend Edition on Sunday to talk about The Bench , which was inspired by a poem she wrote to husband Prince Harry for Father’s Day 2019, just weeks after the couple welcomed their first child, son Archie . (On June 4, they became parents of two with the birth of their daughter, Lilibet Diana .)
Meghan shared that Archie is a big fan of her new children’s book.
“Archie loves the book,” Meghan said in the interview, which was recorded before she welcomed daughter Lili. “He has a voracious appetite for books and constantly when we read him a book he goes ‘Again, again.'”
“Now the fact that he loves The Bench and we can say, ‘Mommy wrote this for you,’ feels amazing,” she added.
- Gender Letter: Meghan Markle, Our Anti-Princess Princess, Builds a Bridge
- Author Matt Haig whose poem Meghan Markle included in her Vogue issue defends Duchess against 'bullies' - saying 'you can be famous and struggle'
- Birthday Bargain? Meghan Markle Wore Something (Semi) Affordable for Her 1st Birthday as Duchess
- Priyanka Chopra Missed Meghan Markle's Baby Shower, But They're Still BFFs
- Meghan Markle row: How Duchess 'teased Samantha Markle with favourite jibe'
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle criticized for promoting pricey “emotional workout”
- What Meghan Markle means to black Brits
- Trump Harasses Meghan Markle With Bangers And Mash
- Prince Harry will head to Japan to attend Rugby World Cup final – will Meghan join him?
- 'They have no awareness at all': Alan Jones attacks Meghan and Harry over new documentary where she admits she's struggling with life in the spotlight
- Looks Were All Over the Place at the Too Trendy 2018 Teen Choice Awards
- Library Sponsors Romance Novel Vandalizing Event for Cool Teens
- Joan Morgan on Her New Book and 20 Years of Lauryn Hill's
- Book Notes 2017: Best Sellers, Uncovered Treasures, Overlooked History
- It’s time to celebrate the humanity of the communal snooze – Todd Pitock
- Area Teens Wed, Horrible Life Awaits Pair
- 'I Am a Girl Now,' Sage Smith Wrote. Then She Went Missing.
- Some but not all Irish Celebrate Saint Patrick's Day
- Royal secret: The very British way royal christening gown was dyed perfect colour
- Kurt Eichenwald’s Memoir of a ‘Mind Unraveled’
Meghan Markle Wrote Her First Book as a Teen - in Celebration of Her Freckles! have 785 words, post on people.com at June 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.