Meghan Markle: Expert on who is ‘winning’ royal row
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Meghan Markle , 39, has gained a lot of attention for her children’s book The Bench which was published earlier this month and quickly became a New York Times bestseller. The story was inspired by a Father’s Day poem Meghan penned for her husband Prince Harry , 36, about his relationship with their son Archie Harrison, two.
While it was widely thought The Bench was Meghan’s first-ever foray into the world of children’s publishing it has since been revealed she wrote a book when she was still just a girl herself.
On Tuesday the 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden tweeted: “Did you know Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, wrote a book in 8th grade titled, A Face without Freckles… Is a Night Without Stars.
“She extols the wonder of freckles with drawings and verse. Meghan submitted it to the @CopyrightOffice in 1996.
“From @librarycongress collection.”
Meghan Markle first book: What is book Meghan wrote as child about? How old was she? (Image: GETTY/TWITTER)
Meghan Markle first book: Meghan wrote a children’s book about freckles in high school (Image: Twitter)
The tweet contained pictures from Meghan’s storybook as well as illustrations.
What is Meghan’s first-ever book about?
In A Face without Freckles… Is a Night Without Stars is about a young girl embracing her freckles.
Pages of the book shared on Twitter show an illustration of a young mixed-race girl with freckles with the caption: “Some people think that freckles are strange, while I happen to disagree.”
Meghan Markle first book: The Bench is not Meghan’s first children’s book (Image: GETTY)
The story adds: “Because if I had no freckles, then I would not truly be me!!”
The author’s section at the back reads: “Meghan Markle currently attends Immaculate Heart High School in Los Angeles, California and enjoys watching television, spending time with her friends and participating in musical comedies.
“Meghan wrote this book in the eighth grade as a school project and now wishes to continue writing throughout high school.
“She wants to take a moment to thank her ‘mommy’ and ‘daddy’ who gratefully spent their time and effort supporting her.”
William said celebs refused to work with him before Harry's docuseries [INSIGHT] Prince William’s fury with Prince Charles in EU law row over Kate [VIDEO] Meghan and Harry facing US backlash as Joe Biden called out [PICTURES]
How old was Meghan when she wrote her first book?
Meghan was in 8th grade when she wrote In A Face without Freckles… Is a Night Without Stars which means she was around 13 or 14 years old at the time.
What is Meghan’s latest book The Bench about?
Meghan spoke about her new book The Bench in an exclusive radio interview with NPR Weekend which aired on Sunday.
Meghan Markle first book: The Bench is based on Harry’s bond with Archie (Image: GETTY)
During the chat, the Duchess revealed how she bought Harry a bench to use with Archie as a Father’s Day gift and had a plaque for it engraved with a poem.
The poem read: “This is your bench, Where life will begin/For you and our son/Our baby, our kin.”
Speaking about the past year and watching Harry’s relationship with Archie blossom, Meghan said: “I often find, and especially in this past year, I think so many of us realized how much happens in the quiet.
“It was definitely moments like that, watching them from out of the window and watching [my husband] just, you know, rock him to sleep or carry him or, you know … those lived experiences, from my observation, are the things that I infused in this poem.”
- Why Meghan Markle is our modern mermaid
- A look at Meghan Markle’s humble Hollywood beginnings as a child
- Fashion icons and philanthropists who gave the Royal Family a modern makeover: All the ways Meghan Markle is like Princess Diana
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s virtual baby shower raised over 100,000 meals for South African children
- Here’s how much Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s royal wedding is expected to cost
- The royal wedding is a month away — here’s how much Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are expected to spend on their big day
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s big day will cost over 1,000 times more than the average wedding — here’s where it will all go
- A royal dress rehearsal? Meghan Markle ties the knot in Canada first, on Suits season finale
- Meghan Markle closed a car door and was reborn a royal
- Toronto royal fans delight in Meghan Markle connection
- Meghan Markle or Kate Middleton: Who is Queen Elizabeth's favourite?
- Will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle follow royal wedding traditions?
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are praised for highlighting 'awesome' non-profit Love The Oceans that was picked as one of their 'Forces For Change'
- Meghan Markle finds support in Kate Middleton over issue with dad: Report
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make world record
- Where preparing for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding is like planning for the moon landing
- Meghan Markle's dad thinks she's unhappy
- Meghan Markle has heart set on becoming 'Diana 2.0': Biography
- Beauty magazines should shut up about Meghan Markle’s grey hair
- Meghan Markle's father to walk her down aisle at wedding to UK's Prince Harry
Meghan Markle's The Bench is not her first children's book - when did she write it? have 1039 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.