Meghan and Harry ‘desperate to make millions’ says Levin
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Angela Levin told talkRADIO that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘s Spotify podcast was “extremely boring”. The royal commentator lambasted the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for “doing very little” despite their contract with the streaming giant being worth a reported £18 million.
Ms Levin said: “They don’t want to pay anything, they want to get the money rolling in with doing very little in return, that has been shown up with Spotify.
“They were offered an £18million contract, they have done one extremely boring podcast for half an hour where people like Elton John were complaining that they could not take their private planes.
“They were not questioned by Meghan and Harry, they just had to send in a five or ten-minute [clip].
“I think Spotify is going to take action in August unless they make up their minds.”
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry stepped down as senior royals in March 2020 (Image: GETTY)
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced their deal with Spotify in December 2020 (Image: GETTY)
In December 2020, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their exclusive partnership with Spotify.
Prince Harry said in the trailer for the podcast: “That’s what this project is all about, to bring forward different perspectives and voices that perhaps you haven’t heard before and find our common ground.”
The Duke of Sussex added: “So many people have been through so much pain this year, experiencing loss, a huge amount of uncertainty, but it feels worth acknowledging that 2020 has connected us in ways we could have never imagined, through endless acts of compassion and kindness.”
While Meghan said: “We’re talking to some amazing people, they’re going to share their memories that have really helped shape this past year which has been, as we know, a difficult one for everyone.”
Meghan and Harry ‘desperate to make millions’ says Levin
Spotify Chief Content and Advertising Business Officer Dawn Ostroff said regarding the partnership: ” The Duke and Duchess of Sussex may live in California, but the power of their voices rests in their status as citizens of the world.”
She added: ” That they are embracing the extraordinary capacity of podcasts on Spotify while also seeking to elevate underrepresented voices is a testament to their appreciation for the potential of audio storytelling.
“We are proud to partner with The Duke and Duchess and look forward to listeners hearing directly from them and the other creators that they will be elevating via our global platform.”
‘In spotlight every week!’ Meghan and Harry blasted for public digs [VIDEO] Kate Middleton emerges victorious as Meghan Markle’s ‘vanity project’ [ANALYSIS] Meghan ‘got everything’ while Harry’s ‘anger’ at losing ‘everything’ [INSIGHT]
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s relationship timeline (Image: EXPRESS)
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry stepped down as senior royals in March 2020.
The couple went on to move to California following their exit from the monarchy.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex signed lucrative deals with both Spotify and Netflix after stepping down as senior royals.
Prince Harry remains sixth in line to the throne and the couple have been allowed to retain their Sussex titles.
- Meghan Markle and Harry must follow these royal protocol baby name rules
- Prince Harry warned about Meghan's attitude after 'wedding row'
- Meghan Markle fans reckon she has given away her baby’s due date after spotting a ‘clue’ on her hand
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry accused of 'insensitivity' for announcing pregnancy news on Baby Loss Awareness Day
- Meghan Markle warns that social media skews young people’s ‘sense of self-worth’
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s baby could have been conceived on a Royal trip abroad
- Who are Meghan Markle’s nephews Tyler and Thomas Dooley, does Tyler run a cannabis farm and who’s their dad Thomas Markle Jr?
- Prince Charles jokes Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Australia tour has inspired their baby name choice
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry launch ‘mole hunt’ in desperate bid to stop more gossip leaking out of Kensington Palace
- Prince Harry has given his baby with Meghan Markle this very cute nickname
- Meghan Markle branded ‘Duchess Difficult’ by palace insiders as ‘string of demands’ take their toll
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have lost THREE of their private staff in six months and experts say it’s ‘looking like a stampede’
- How Meghan Markle ‘bombards aides with texts, gets up at 5am and raises eyebrows with her dresses’
- Can Meghan Markle choose any baby name she wants? Protocol for naming the Queen’s grandchildren revealed
- Etiquette expert reveals pregnant Meghan Markle may break tradition to choose an American name and throw a baby shower
- Loose Women fans shocked as Nadia Sawalha accuses Meghan Markle of ‘acting’ and playing ‘the greatest role of her life’
- Meghan Markle already has a £4,800 gift planned for a new baby girl – and it is so sweet
- Adorable moment Meghan Markle spots young fan she mentored through Instagram in huge New Zealand crowd and gives her hug
- Prince Harry’s bald patch has DOUBLED in size in the last year, claims hair transplant surgeon
- Why Meghan Markle won’t be opening her presents on Christmas Day anymore
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry warned Spotify could 'take action' over £18million deal have 990 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.