But that apparently won't stop Doncic from signing a super-max contract extension projected to be worth more than $201 million over five years.
sources close to Doncic insisted Wednesday he still intends to sign the supermax extension before next season
Players practically never reject their first max extension (though Zion Williamson could change that ). The money is just too significant at that stage of a player's career, when his prior earnings have been relatively modest.
But at least the Mavericks will get a chance to work through everything while their young franchise player is locked in another five years.
- Suns give Booker max contract extension
- Mavericks reach buyout for Luka Doncic
- Ravens, Joe Flacco agree to three-year contract extension
- Why the NBA world is enthralled with Luka Doncic, the Mavericks' 19-year-old Slovenian rookie who is already dominating the NBA
- After gigantic contract extension, Mike Trout to the Phillies dream is likely over
- Tom Brady sacrificed at least $60 million in his career with discounted contracts for the Patriots
- Sixers sign guard Trey Burke to fill final spot on 15-man roster
- Tom Brady’s net worth skyrockets ahead of the Super Bowl
- Chiefs star Patrick Mahomes could sign $200M contract in 2020: Report
- LeBron James offered an intriguing comment about wanting to ‘break the mold’ on his next contract during a crucial summer
- LeBron James offered an intriguing comment about wanting to 'break the mould' on his next contract during a crucial summer
- Steelers star Le'Veon Bell forfeits entire $14.5M salary amid contract dispute
- Just how big a raise will Tony Romo get after his contract season?
- Chicago Bulls player who signed a $95 million contract removed the rearview mirror in his car so that he can't look 'back'
- NFL's Aaron Rodgers to sign record contract with $100M guaranteed: report
- Kyler Murray chooses NFL, will forfeit most of $4.66M MLB signing bonus: Report
- Cam Newton Signs Huge Deal With Carolina Panthers
- Brandon Graham's daughter sings Eagles fight song as dad re-signs in Philly
- The Max Attacks: Will Ocado EVER bear fruit?
- Stuttering South Africans look for change of fortune in Super Rugby
Luka Doncic still to sign super-max contract extension with Mavericks have 368 words, post on nba.nbcsports.com at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.