A NINE-YEAR-OLD allegedly sacrificed her life in an attempt to save her dad from gunmen.
As the men stormed their home in Paraíbas, north eastern Brazil, little Ane Gabriele Lima da Silva reportedly ran to wrap her arms around her father.
After making herself into a human shield to protect him, the men opened fire and she was shot in the chest.
The little girl was fatally injured.
Local media report that four men arrived at house on motorbikes, broke in and after Ane was shot, dad Marcos Marinho Brito, 41, escaped to the back of the house.
But he was chased down and shot dead in the horrific attack on June 6.
Most read in World News
Paramedics found the girl alive, but she succumbed to her injuries shortly afterwards.
No arrests have currently been made and officers are searching for the suspects.
According to the police, Mr Marinho Brito had already been arrested for murder in early 2020, he was released just three months ago and he was allegedly involved in drug trafficking.
- The family torn apart by house fire tragedy: 'Little angels' girl, seven, and brother, three, are killed in blaze that left their mother, 35, with serious injuries after she jumped from window
- Boy, 3, saved by hero uncle’s hug as he shielded him from car crash that killed both his parents
- Dad killed seven-month-old baby when he ‘wouldn’t stop crying’ then continued to play PlayStation with child lying dead
- Chilling video shows gunman ambushing cops before one falls over and is accidentally shot dead by his colleague during Thousand Oaks massacre in which 11 were killed
- How I found the 'Lockerbie bomber': Victim's brother pored over CIA cables, travelled to Libya and met an 'assassin' before giving suspect's name to the FBI - now US is set to charge him
- Final goodbye: Recalling influential people who died in 2020
- Leading heart surgeon and professor, 69, who 'made a difference to many, many lives' and pioneered research into life-saving stents dies after contracting coronavirus
- Disturbing twist in case of gunned-down gang boss as crime expert says no bikie could have pulled off the fatal sniper shot at a crowded drag race - and it must have been carried out by a professional assassin
- Pollution killed my darling girl... I'll fight on to save others from invisible enemy: After landmark ruling that toxic air caused her daughter's death, the extraordinary and moving story of a grieving mother's vow
- House of horrors: Allegations of child abuse, bodies-in-basement at arson-hit home
- FDNY Chooses a True 9/11 Hero Over a True Racist
- Girl, 14, savaged to death and EATEN by two lions when she went to use outside toilet in India
- 'She died terrified and alone in a room with you': Grace Millane's mother confronts her daughter's killer in court as he is jailed for life in New Zealand for strangling British backpacker after Tinder date
- Inside the Romanian human trafficking rings where desperate parents are selling underage daughters to be raped in UK
- Quack cure or Covid hope? Six things you can buy in the shops that scientists believe could protect against severe coronavirus infection
- Homeless 'hero' who stole iPhone and purse from Manchester Arena bombing victims jailed for four years
- World’s first ‘human challenge Covid trials’ will see 2,500 Brits deliberately catch virus to help research on pandemic
- China’s infamous ‘Bat Woman’ scientist warns animals may carry MORE deadly Covid-like viruses that can infect humans
- 'We've got the justice she deserved': Mother of nine-year-old girl who died after asthma attack praises coroner's 'seismic' verdict that London air pollution DID cause her death
- Woman, 29, dies of horror infection after docs misdiagnose her deadly cyst FOUR TIMES and sent her home
Hero girl, 9, dies protecting dad from gunman by using her body as human shield as assassins fired have 692 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 9, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.