The Friends reunion was the most-watched show on Sky One ever, the broadcaster has revealed.
Around 5.3 million people switched on to watch the cast of the 90s comedy when it hit screens last month – underlining the eagerness of fans to watch the stars back together.
It’s also Sky ‘s most-watched live, recorded and downloaded programme of the last two years.
Friends : The Reunion, which was broadcast on 27 May, is second only to the final season of Game Of Thrones from 2019, which was carried on Sky Atlantic, for the biggest audience ever on one of Sky’s entertainment channels.
Sky is the parent company of Sky News, and is owned by the US-based Comcast.
Stars Matt LeBlanc , Courtney Cox , Lisa Kudrow , David Schwimmer , Matthew Perry and Jennifer Aniston joined James Corden on the Warner Bros backlot last month to reminisce about the decade-long show.
They were joined by cameos from Lady Gaga , who performed Smelly Cat in Central Perk, Justin Bieber , who showed off Ross’ Spudnik costume, and Tom Selleck, who was an answer to a trivia question in Monica’s flat.
More on Courteney Cox
- Friends reunion: Real-life romance, injuries, and the chances of a revival – 17 takeaways from the special show
- Friends reunion: (Almost) Spoiler-free review of The One Where They Get Back Together
- Friends reunion: How to watch, what time and channel, and everything you need to know as the stars get back together after 17 years
- Friends reunion gets UK air date – here’s when and where you can watch it
- Friends reunion special: When is it? David Schwimmer reveals filming date and details for one-off show
- ‘Friend it like Beckham’: Matthew Perry applauds Joey and Chandler T-shirt
Among the revelations during the show, it was revealed that Schwimmer and Aniston almost got together in real life , but never took their crushes any further (LeBlanc seemed to think otherwise, though…).
Perry also admitted he used to panic when his jokes wouldn’t get a laugh while they were recording.
Speaking about performing in front of a live audience, he said he would feel like he was “going to die if they didn’t laugh”, which was “not healthy, for sure”.
He would “sweat” and “freak out” when people didn’t laugh, he said, adding that he “felt like that every single night”.
You can still watch Friends: The Reunion on catch-up on Sky Q, Sky Go or NOW.
- Super Bowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Kansas City Chiefs - how to watch on Sky Sports NFL
- Super Bowl LV: Buccaneers vs Chiefs - Jeff Reinebold breaks down the game's five key matchups
- 'Adding magician to my CV!' Michelle Keegan impresses with a card trick as she takes a break from filming Brassic
- How to watch the new series Resident Alien online from anywhere
- Mike Tyson and Frank Bruno reunited for 'Bruno v Tyson', coming soon to Sky Documentaries
- HBO Max: How to watch movies like The Little Things, Justice League Snyder Cut
- Kelly Osbourne keeps it punk in purple pigtails and black leather motorcycle jacket as she grabs dinner with friends in LA
- Jennifer Aniston transforms appearance during special star-studded reunion - watch video
- 'These choppers don't just fall out of sky': Kobe Bryant's former pilot claims the 'limousine-like' helicopter that plunged 500 feet in 15 seconds before crashing is so safe it's almost 'bulletproof'
- The best Xbox One games for 2021
- Rebel Wilson claims a male co-star asked her to 'put her finger up his a**e' as his friends watched in shocking incident as she reflects on the #MeToo movement
- 'It's on': Mariska Hargitay shares selfie with Law & Order partner Christopher Meloni confirming reunion between Stabler and Benson in new spin-off
- Braunwyn Windham-Burke celebrates one year of sobriety with a lavish sunset beach picnic beside husband Sean Burke: 'No one said it would be easy'
- Hannah Cockroft discusses dealing with Paralympics postponement on Sky Sports' Rise With Us
- 'These claims are horrible distortions of reality': Marilyn Manson, 52, breaks his silence on abuse allegations and insists all his relationships were 'entirely consensual' as three more women come forward
- Infections and deaths BOTH fall: UK records 30,004 new Covid cases, down 22% week-on-week, as daily deaths plunge 9% to 610
- Lakers vs Celtics live stream: How to watch the big game online anywhere
- Liverpool vs Man City live stream: How to watch the Premier League match online from anywhere
- Sky Sports renews England Netball multi-year broadcast partnership
- Anthony Joshua on Floyd Mayweather: I pulled off one of his favourite moves against Kubrat Pulev
Friends: The Reunion breaks record for Sky One's most-watched show have 745 words, post on news.sky.com at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.