Emmerdale viewers are concerned about Tracey Metcalfe after tuning into Thursday’s episode of the ITV soap.
Tracy (Amy Walsh) has clearly been struggling with her baby daughter Frankie for a few months now, and she doesn’t seem to be getting any better.
This week, soap fans saw her struggle to be apart from her baby girl after Nate urged her to go back to work and earn some money.
Nate convinced Tracy to let Faith Dingle (Sally Dexter) babysit, but when she returned home from work early, she was horrified at Faith’s child caring skills.
The mum-of-one couldn’t believe that Faith hadn’t sterilised Frankie’s dummy after it dropped on the floor and ordered her to leave.
And during the latest episode, Tracy freaked out when Wendy Posner stroked Frankie on the face – and quickly rushed home.
Once back in their safe space, Tracy used several wipes to clean her daughter’s face – but ended up accidentally cutting her cheek as she did so, causing the tot to cry hysterically.
Emmerdale fans are now concerned that the storyline is going to take a sinister turn and might not just be down to Obsessive compulsive disorder.
Many are worried that Tracy is suffering from Munchausen Syndrome by proxy – a mental illness in which a caregiver makes up or causes an illness or injury in a person under his or her care.
According to the NHS, a similar condition is referred to as Fabricated or induced illness (FII).
The NHS website states it is a “rare form of child abuse” which “happens when a parent or carer, usually the child’s biological mother, exaggerates or deliberately causes symptoms of illness in a child”.
One fan took to Twitter and asked: “Tracy got MSBP Munchausen syndrome by proxy?”
Another viewer tweeted: “I wonder if Tracy has Munchausen’s?” and a third said: “Is it postnatal depression Tracy has, or Munchausen syndrome by proxy?”
“Tracy will be putting a face mask on the baby next!” a fourth person predicted.
And another wrote: “If Tracy keeps wiping Frankie’s face, she’s gonna end up wiping the entire thing off.”
It was originally thought that Tracy was suffering from Postnatal Depression, which is a type of depression that parents can have after having a baby.
- Emmerdale fans left fuming as soap starts late with no explanation – complaining ‘they’re getting like EastEnders’
- Emmerdale fans in tears as Laurel and Jai are told their baby may have Down’s syndrome
- Emmerdale’s new abuse storyline explained as Paul beats up son Vinny – Bradley Johnson has spoken out
- Coronation Street’s Elaine Jones gives evidence against ex Geoff Metcalfe and will free Yasmeen say fans
- Coronation Street: The biggest shocks and saddest moments as soap turns 60
- 50 best horror movies and series on Netflix to watch right now
- Coronation Street’s Sally Dynevor calls for on-screen daughters Brooke Vincent and Helen Flanagan to make epic return
- The 100 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Des O'Connor to Diego Maradona
- The 53 best shows on Hulu right now
- The Wild, Deliciously Weird Career of ‘Swedish Dick’ Peter Stormare
- Epic Games Store Free Games Full List: Which Games Are Free This Week? How to Claim Your Free Games
- Kym Marsh backs The Sun’s campaign to change stalking laws after one million people fall victim every year
- 'Singing and dancing to their deaths': football’s forgotten tragedy
- 50 best documentaries on Netflix to watch right now
- Jordan North reveals he suffered secret I’m A Celeb meltdown and threatened to quit before Dec stopped him
- What happened to Hear'Say - vicious attacks, divorce, depression and a drink problem
- Critics' Conversation: The Great Film Performances of 2020
- Why Do Teen Dramas Like
- Inside I’m A Celeb’s Giovanna Fletcher and husband Tom’s love story – from childhood sweethearts to THAT wedding speech
Emmerdale fans fear Tracy Metcalfe’s motherhood struggles will take a dark turn have 687 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.