Lilibet Diana: Expert questions absence of Doria’s name
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
On the announcement of Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor ‘s birth, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle released a statement urging wellwishers to support several women charities rather than send gifts their way. However, it has not stopped many, including Prince William and Kate, from sending presents to the royal couple. But one source close to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex revealed Meghan’s mum, Doria Ragland , has given a “most special thing” to the royal parents.
According to US Weekly, Ms Ragland has been staying with Harry and Meghan at their home in Montecito, California to help out with parenting duties.
The source said: “They’ve had lots of lovely gifts sent from friends and family members including Doria.
“But the most special thing she’s provided is her time.
“She’s been helping out at the house and her hands-on support is a major bonus.
Doria Ragland has been helping her daughter Meghan at their Californian home (Image: Getty )
Prince Harry and Doria reportedly have a close relationship (Image: Getty )
“Meghan is so grateful to have her mum to lean on and Harry just adores her.”
Sources also reveal Prince William and Kate have also sent the Sussexes gifts but were unable to say what they were.
On the Archewell website, Prince Harry and Meghan released a statement urging people to show their support by gifting charities instead of them.
The statement read: "For those inquiring on sending gifts, we would ask that you support or learn more about these organizations working for women and girls
Prince Harry announces The Invictus Games is going to Germany
The Sussexes held back from revealing the birth of Lilibet to the world (Image: Getty )
"While the Duke and Duchess are on parental leave, Archewell will continue to do important work and publish stories on the site. We look forward to seeing you!"
Prince Harry and Meghan are also reportedly taking 20 weeks of parental leave after the birth of Lilibet.
Meghan Markle biographer and Royal Editor Omid Scoobie tweeted they are likely to take the 20 weeks as that is the allowance given by their Archewell company.
The leave is a departure from royal tradition which usually sees the father returning to duties relatively quickly after the birth of their child.
DON’T MISS Meghan and Harry's move to Frogmore in new light after Duke’s comments [ANALYSIS] Harry and Meghan reap benefits of Megxit as they finally get privacy [INSIGHT] Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to refuse titles for Archie and Lilibet [EXPLAINED]
Prince Harry and Meghan timeline (Image: Express.co.uk)
Prince Harry carried out several engagements at the Invictus Games three days after Archie was born and Prince William took two weeks off when Prince George and Princess Charlotte were born.
Prince William also returned to duties two days after Prince Louis’ birth.
The five-month leave for the couple is in contrast to Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, who has taken a total of seven months off for her three children.
But it is likely to see Prince Harry return to certain duties in the future including the unveiling of Princess Diana’s statue at Kensington Palace.
The much-anticipated trip will see Harry return to the UK for July 1 as a statue commissioned by both him and William will be shown off to the public for the first time.
Prince Harry and Meghan withheld the birth of Lilibeth from the media and announced her arrival on June 6, two days after she was born.
A statement from the couple revealed she weighed 7lbs and 11oz and was born at around 11:40am.
- Lilibet's christening: Everything we know as Meghan Markle and Harry plan baptism
- 'Elegant': Meghan Markle has £200 initial necklace with sweet link to Archie
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry offer 'major olive branch' - but expert warns 'damage done'
- Meghan Markle accused of ignoring Doria Ragland in names for baby Lilibet
- Doria Ragland’s ‘brilliant’ relationship with Prince Harry – Meghan is ‘closer than ever’
- Doria Ragland's 'Queen-like' manner warmed her to Harry: 'Underestimate her at your peril'
- Doria Ragland texted Thomas Markle after Archie’s birth but Meghan ‘didn't want to know'
- Prince Harry radio remark ‘went down like lead balloon’ with Meghan Markle’s family
- Meghan Markle latest news – Sussex’s ‘attacks’ on Queen ‘unforgivable’ as duchess dad says ‘she’s been lying for years’
- Meghan Markle latest news – ‘Out of touch’ Duchess HUMILIATED as ‘rubbish’ mentoring plan flops after ‘lecturing’ women
- Meghan Markle fans furiously turn on Prince William - racism row erupts
- Meghan Markle to 'alter engagement ring' again to feature life-changing step
- Meghan Markle latest news – Prince Harry is ‘playing victim’ & Duchess ‘has been lying for years’ says dad Thomas
- Meghan Markle’s mother Doria Ragland’s ‘royal speed-dating’ before Duchess wed Harry
- Lisa Wilkinson points out a VERY telling detail in the Royal Family's response to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's baby news
- William and Kate send gift for baby Lilibet as Queen receives first photos
- Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor: Meghan and Harry welcome baby daughter to the world
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Video Call Queen for Her Birthday — with an Appearance by Archie!
- Meghan Markle will get 'taste of her own medicine' as brother to 'cash in' on royal links
- Meghan Markle has 'changed' and 'is not daughter I knew' - Thomas Markle hits out
Doria Ragland praised for 'most special' gift to Meghan Markle after Lilibet Diana's birth have 1008 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 9, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.