This is the chilling moment a machete-wielding thug fatally stabs a young man with a blade he bought for £20 off social media site Snapchat .
A mere ‘exchange of words and glances’ led knifeman Ramani Sanderson to fatally wound Shane Mayer, 21, in an attack outside a bar in Walsall, West Midlands, police say.
Shocking CCTV released of the incident shows the 20-year-old killer wielding the murder weapon behind his back moments before the pair come to blows outside Gabbas Bar in July 2019.
As the pair engage in a fist-fight, Sanderson is seen to pull the knife from behind his back and stab at his victim – wounding him in his groin.
Despite the injury, Mr Mayer manages to escape Sanderson. He was later found passed out and was rushed to hospital, but died three days later of his injury.
Now Sanderson, from Duddeston, Birmingham, has been found guilty of murder following a trial at Wolverhampton Crown Court.
He faces life in prison. Meanwhile, friends Kamron Reid, 20, and Joseph Till, 21, – who both joined in the attack – have been found guilty of manslaughter.
This is the chilling moment a machete-wielding thug fatally stabs a young man with a blade he bought for £20 off social media site Snapchat
A mere ‘exchange of words and glances’ led knifeman Ramani Sanderson (pictured left) to fatally wound Shane Mayer (pictured right), 21, in an attack outside a bar in Walsall, West Midlands, police say
A fourth man, 21-year-old Lewis Green was cleared of murder but had already admitted possessing a hammer in the build-up to the brawl.
A jury at Wolverhampton Crown Court were told how Shane was with friends when glances and words were exchanged with Lewis Green’s brother as he walked along Forge Road.
Eight minutes later Green arrived at the scene armed with a hammer and he phoned Reid, who also turned up with his friends Sanderson and Till.
Shocking CCTV released of the incident shows the 20-year-old killer wielding the murder weapon behind his back moments before the pair come to blows outside Gabbas Bar in July 2019
Lewis Green confronted the group but left to make a call to Reid who was with Sanderson and Till.
A 34-second phone call was all it took to prompt Sanderson to arm himself with a machete and make his way with Reid and Till, who were also believed to be carrying weapons, towards Gabbas Bar.
CCTV showed Sanderson approach Shane with a machete concealed behind his back before stabbing him in the groin as a fight broke out.
The yobs then fled from the scene back to their home addresses – with Till even phoning his mum for a lift home.
Officers found messages on the defendant’s phones in which they plotted to provide police with consistent accounts of what happened.
Sanderson’s phone included videos of him posing with zombie knives and talking about committing robberies.
The video of Sanderson shows him laughing as he tosses the knife in the air and catches it.
Reid had similar ominous images of him with knives plus evidence of Google searches for knives, crossbows and guns.
Sanderson, who was arrested in New Cross, London, was convicted of murder and wounding.
He had claimed he had acted in self-defence when he used the knife, which he bought for £20 from a man he arranged to meet via Snapchat.
Reid, of Darlaston, and Till, of Bilston, West Mids., were both cleared of murder but convicted of manslaughter. All three will all be sentenced at a later date.
Thugs Joseph Till, 21, (pictured left) and Kamron Reid (pictured centre), 20, who both joined in the attack – have been found guilty of manslaughter. Lewis Green (pictured right) was cleared of murder but had already admitted possessing a hammer in the build-up to the brawl.
CCTV (pictured) showed Sanderson approach Shane with a machete concealed behind his back before stabbing him in the groin as a fight broke out. The yobs then fled from the scene back to their home addresses – with Till even phoning his mum for a lift home
Green was cleared of the killing but had already admitted possessing an offensive weapon.
Detective Sergeant Andy McDonald, of West Midlands Police, said afterwards: ‘This is yet another example of the devastation caused by knife crime.
‘A stray glance and words exchanged between strangers has escalated to murder in the space of just 15 minutes.
‘A young man’s life has been ended in tragic circumstances and the lives of those responsible for his death are now ruined.
Share this article
‘Sanderson stabbed Shane but we firmly believe the others were armed.
‘I know this awful crime has had a devastating impact on the Shane’s family and that they are still struggling to come to terms with his death.
‘I hope the fact his killers will now face many years behind bars offers some comfort.’
A sentencing date for the men has not yet been set, but is expected to take place at some point later this year.
Murder victim’s mother reveals horror at knives being sold on social media sites such as Snapchat
The mother or the victim of a fatal stabbing has revealed her horror that knives are being sold on social media sites.
Louis Johnson, 16, was killed by knifeman Kion McKenna, 17, in East Croydon station in January last year
Louis Johnson, 16, was killed by knifeman Kion McKenna, 17, in East Croydon station in January last year.
And last week his heartbroken mother, Natalie Secka, told The Sun warned about the dangers of so-called ‘zombie knives’ – like the one used in her son’s murder – being sold online.
She told The Sun : ‘When I see zombie knives being sold for such a cheap price online I think, “Was that the price my son’s life was worth?” Because that’s no money at all.
‘These kids are swapping murder weapons for very little money on the platform and it seems to be unregulated.
‘Zombie knives are a murder weapon, they are not a normal knife – you aren’t going to hurt someone, you’re going to kill them!’
McKenna received a life sentence after being found guilty of murder and possession of a zombie knife in October last year.
A Snapchat spokesperson told the Sun that it has a ‘zero tolerance for illegal activity on Snapchat and this includes the buying or selling of illegal weapons’.
- The terrifying moment knifeman who slit a 10-year-old boy's throat, stabbed two adults and ran over girl, 5, in random attacks was caught on camera as he is jailed for life
- Two Muslim women are stabbed under the Eiffel Tower by white female attackers shouting 'Dirty Arabs' after argument about dogs amid rising tensions after teacher was beheaded for Mohammed cartoons
- Why good old M&S should never be sexy! Peekaboo bras and see-through suspenders... M&S's new lingerie range has CLAUDIA CONNELL choking on her Percy Pigs
- London's streets of rage: Horrifying gang war is caught on dashcam as rival thugs with machetes burst from cars after crash in Edgware Road - as man shot in head in Ilford sparks capital's 101st murder probe of 2020
- Tinder date ‘chopped up into 11 pieces after being stabbed to death DURING sex by evil couple who stole £5,000’
- The woman who stood by a monster: How Yorkshire Ripper's ex-wife Sonia Sutcliffe remained married to him for nearly 15 years and visited him in Broadmoor as recently as 2015 after he was jailed for murdering 13 women
- As Coronation Street celebrates 60 years, we look back at the soap’s best bits
- Are infections ALREADY flattening? UK records 20,018 new Covid cases - 12% FEWER than last Tuesday - but fatalities rise 8% from last week to 397, after Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance were forced to defend their '4,000 deaths a day' dossier
- The Yorkshire Ripper's 13 innocent victims during horrifying 5 year reign of terror
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Nobby Stiles to Sean Connery
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 21
- Hollyoaks' most memorable moments and behind the scenes secrets as soap celebrates 25 years
- Mother of Sophie Lancaster, 20, who was beaten to death for 'being different' recalls how her daughter's 'long neck' looked 'black, shiny and crinkly like a bin bag' after fatal attack by teenage thugs
- How Yorkshire Ripper was cossetted at a cost of £10 MILLION: Peter Sutcliffe had celebrity visitors, pottery classes, Valentine's cards and visits from fascinated women - while ballooning to 20 stone on fry-ups... as his victims' families suffered
- Sports news feed: October 2020
- Austria leader brands political Islam ‘threat to European way of life’ after Macron backed Mohammed cartoon
- The Best Albums of October 2020: Ariana Grande, Bruce Springsteen, and More
- Man who invented Blue Whale suicide 'game' aimed at children says his victims who kill themselves are 'biological waste' and that he is 'cleansing society'
- Apple's Little Voice showcases actors across the autism spectrum
- Pictured: Muslim shot dead against a wall by Vienna Islamist as it’s revealed Austrian authorities were warned that the terrorist had been trying to buy ammunition but IGNORED the threat
Chilling moment machete thug, 20, fatally stabs 21-year-old for a 'stray glance' with blade he bought for £20 off Snapchat have 1510 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.