STRICTLY Come Dancing host Claudia Winkleman is almost unrecognisable in a clip dug up by the BBC’s archive.
The Corporation dusted off the clip from its vaults from 1996, when the presenter was just 24.
Claudia appeared as a “Chat Up Connoisseur” on Good Morning With Anne and Nick.
On the show, a long-running rival to This Morning , she gave some tips to host Nick Owen – with co-host Anne Diamond nowhere to be seen.
In the clip, posted by the BBC on Twitter, Claudia insisted she “hardly ever” got approached by men, but added: “I get very excited when I do.”
She explained: “Eye contact. It’s all eye contact but it can be terrifying. You can be sitting at the other side of the bar making eye contact for an hour and a half and then he’ll leave.
“They might instigate it – if I girl comes up to a guy saying ‘do you want a light?’ she’s got four boxes of matches in her bag.
“She does not want a match, she wants something else. Boys are so sweet and I don’t think they realise. The fear of rejection is huge – they have to embrace it.”
Fans were amazed that it was Claudia in the 90s appearance – with one gasping: “She’s unrecognisable.”
Another joked it was a rare look at the star, who is now 49, “before the Fringe”.
Most read in TV
isle be damned!
Love Island villa looks very different with crumbling walls and no kitchen
Claudia’s chat-up technique clearly paid off – four years after the clip was filmed she married film producer Kris Thykier.
The pair, who wed in 2000, now share three children, Jake, 18, Matilda, 14, and Arthur, nine.
After stints on shows such as the cult classic God’s Gift she made the jump to Strictly spin-off It Takes Two in 2004, before going on to front the Sunday results show in 2010.
Emotional Claudia Winkleman holds back tears as she thanks crew for getting Strictly on air in 2020
- Claudia Winkleman's daughter involved in Halloween accident
- Claudia Winkleman says she hates yoga because it 'smells of smug and hummus' - but admits she finds spinning 'erotic'
- Celebrities' favourite books: Claudia Winkleman, Victoria Beckham and others share inspiration for isolation reading
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020 Christmas special axed as replacement confirmed
- BBC's Big Night In: Strictly's Oti Mabuse and Anton Du Beke lead the pros (and energetic fans!) in epic dance-along to Dua Lipa's Physical
- Now that's a Quickstep! Eagle-eyed Strictly Come Dancing fans spot the 'hilarious' moment presenter Tess Daly sprints off stage into the audience after every celebrity dance
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: Actress Caroline Quentin, The Wanted's Max George and Nadine Coyle's NFL player ex Jason Bell are unveiled as the FIRST celebs to take on the ballroom
- Hitting the big time or back to the day job? As Strictly returns, what the 12 celebrities went on to do after winning the show (and why the women fare better than the men)
- EastEnders dope-storm star Maisie Smith signs up for Strictly Come Dancing as line-up is revealed
- Strictly bosses 'enforce new rules including banning entourages and chemistry circles to ensure show goes ahead amid COVID-19 pandemic'
Strictly’s Claudia Winkleman almost unrecognisable as she reveals flirting tips in old BBC clip have 589 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.