THIS scrawl by John Lennon was a hit as a collection of Beatles memorabilia went under the hammer.
It was one of two strange scribbles by the late musician that together went for £9,563.
Items from the band's Hamburg years included letters to German photographer Astrid Kirchherr.
Lennon 's work permits for visits to the city fetched £137,750.
A letter from John Lennon sold for £50,250, while photographs of the Beatles arriving at Hamburg airport in June 1962 were sold for £12,750.
The collection was sold for a total of £383,823 by auctioneers Bonhams in London on Wednesday.
Most read in Music
Katherine Schofield, director of Bonhams’ entertainment memorabilia department, said: “The Beatles legacy is as strong as ever and today’s exceptional result proved that.
“The time they spent in Hamburg shaped them as both musicians and men, so to offer such a personal insight into this period of growth and the relationship they had with Astrid Kirchherr was an honour.
“Naturally, we are delighted that the collection sold so well and that the sale as a whole achieved a great result.”
Antiques Roadshow guest stunned by valuation for police helmet worn by The Beatles’ John Lennon
- Fresno barber who cut John Lennon's hair died. Celebrity photos covered his airport shop
- 800-year-old Norman fortress goes on the market for £11.5million
- Paul McCartney's first meeting with John Lennon before the Beatles was 'unremarkable,' pals claim
- Someone Help Me Figure Out What The Hell Is Going On With This 118-Year-Old Czech Racecar
- She's a YouTube sensation and NRA darling: Meet 9-year-old sharpshooter 'Alpha Addy'
- Family of killed 2-year-old fighting over custody of her remains
- 108-year-old Valley Junction building gets head-to-toe makeover
- 'Twister' turns 22 years old: My top 22 natural disaster films
- First look inside the Tapestry converted from old warehouse
- Rangers snatching John McGinn will mean Neil Lennon won't be far behind him
Strange drawings by John Lennon sell at auction for over £9,500 – but could your two-year-old do better? have 381 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.