Mike Ashley’s discount Sports Direct brand has been crowned the worst sports shop in Britain as part of a survey of nearly 11,000 shoppers by consumer specialist Which?
The chain scored the lowest marks out of a ranking of 29 stores for a combination of factors – including guarantees to its returns policy and in-store measures during the pandemic.
Sports Direct had a customer dissatisfaction score of 65%, placing it with Costco (67%), Littlewoods (67%), American Golf (68%), House of Fraser (69%) and Debenhams (69%) as among the worst sports and outdoor stores in the country.
The brand has since confirmed it plans to invest ‘significant sums’ into improving its customer satisfaction.
Sports Direct was ranked as the worst sports and outdoors shop in the country by customers after a Which? survey
Share this article
The top and bottom three sports stores according to Which?
The top scorers:
1) Rohan – Outdoor wear retailer. 87% customer satisfaction score
2) Sweaty Betty – Women’s activewear. 82% customer satisfaction.
3) Cotswolds Outdoor – Outdoor recreation store. 79% customer satisfaction.
Bottom of the table:
1) Sports Direct. 65% customer satisfaction rating.
2) Costco. 67% positive responses.
3) Littlewoods. 67% customer satisfaction.
Sports Direct scored particularly poorly on sales and returns, despite the retailer and other stores owned by Ashley’s Fraser Group changing its 28-day limit on returns during the pandemic.
The discount sports store was also awarded a two star rating for its Covid-19 policies, as shoppers were quick to critique Sports Direct’s deliveries, social distancing measures and queue system.
Which? said: ‘One shopper in our survey said the retailer was a last option due to its “bad returns policy”.
‘Sports Direct and other Fraser Group-owned retailers only extended their returns windows after Which? called on them to review their policies during the first lockdown.
‘The brands were originally insisting that customers post unwanted items back within 28 days of receipt, despite clear rules from the government stating people should only leave their homes for food shopping or exercise.’
A Sports Direct spokesman said: ‘We value our customers' opinions and are investing significant sums into improving the customer journey.’
The best stores in the survey of 10,909 Which? members were outdoor clothing retailer Rohan and women’s activewear shop Sweaty Betty.
Rohan scored 87% on its customer satisfaction rating and impressed with its product quality, staff helpfulness and guarantees as well as store layout.
Sweaty Betty scored 82% and there were high marks too for Decathlon, Nike and ‘do Sport’.
Outdoor clothing store Rohan and women’s activewear shop Sweaty Betty both scored highly for Which? consumers looking for sports and outdoor stores
- Opinion: From Patrick Mahomes, Andrew Luck to Josh Gordon, the best and worst of NFL season
- Couch: Ranking the Big Ten football stadiums, Iowa through Purdue
- FMIA Week 4: Re-Organizing the NFL Power Rankings After an Odd Sunday - NBCSports.com
- Americans Think ‘Corruption’ Is Everywhere. Is That Why We Vote for It?
- Don’t Force Your Sports Fandom Onto Other People’s Kids, You Asshole
- Serena Williams' coach: allow on-court coaching
- Africa: Femi Kuti, Wizkid, Beyonce, ED Sheeran to Perform in South Africa Anti-Poverty Festival for Mandela
- Go Ahead And Quit Your Fantasy League
- Africa: The Uberization of Mozambique's Heroin Trade
- Twins Talk: All-Star break came at the wrong time for slumping Twins
- Mauritius: It's Time Mauritius Took Decisive Steps to Outlaw Child Marriages
- Zimbabwe: Delusions of Intellectualism
- Zimbabwe: Chamisa Turns to Spiritual Intervention As Polls Beckon
- Zimbabwe: Chamisa Claims ZEC to Dump Printed Ballots for Pre-Marked ED Ones
- Nigeria: Chris Giwa Has No Legal Backing to Take Over As NFF President
- Nigeria: Shale Oil Producers No Longer Threat to Opec
- Nigeria: NFF Crisis
- Nigeria: Oil and Gas Reserves Stagnate As Oil Majors Reduce Investment
- Zimbabwe: ZEC Says to Investigate Zanu-PF Bindura Rally Mayhem
- Uganda: Bishop Orders Teachers in Church-Founded Schools to Wed
Sports Direct is voted WORST sport shop in Britain by customers while Rohan and Sweaty Betty are ranked top, Which? survey finds have 634 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.