PIERS Morgan ‘returned’ to Good Morning Britain for the first time since his sudden exit today.
But it wasn’t how his fans would have wanted him back on screen.
Instead, the former host’s voice was heard in an old clip played out to mark the 1,428 days Prime Minister Boris Johnson has boycotted the programme.
“He’s gone into the fridge,” Piers is heard saying over the video, while laughing.
Susanna Reid then said: “He’s gone into the fridge, says Piers.
“I have to say it was a notable moment, one of Boris’ finest appearances.”
Then later, there was an awkward moment when fill-in host Adil Ray aimed a dig at Piers over his Meghan Markle rants.
Discussing a children’s book she has written about father and son relationships , Adil said: “I think it’s great, I think it’s fantastic.
“I think it’s a great story and a great idea about the father-and-son relationship.
“It’s clearly going to be personal, so I think it’s fantastic, it’s positive and it’s a great thing. I hope it does very well. What’s more to say about it? Why would you knock it? Why would anybody knock it?
His positive comments left Susanna speechless, with newsreader Sean chipping in to her: “You’re sort of flabbergasted of having someone alongside you who says something in praise of Meghan Markle.”
The hosts laughed off the remark following Piers’ scathing attack on Meghan in his latest column for MailOnline.
Piers pointed out: “How the hell can Meghan ‘I hate royalty but call me Duchess’ Markle preach about father-child relationships when she’s disowned her own Dad, and wrecked her husband’s relationship with his?”
Former Suits star Meghan no longer speaks to her dad Thomas Markle.
And her husband Prince Harry revealed his strained relationship with his own father Prince Charles on their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Piers’ GMB rant about Meghan on his last day at Good Morning Britain became Ofcom’s most-complained about moment ever.
Most read in News TV
Tens of thousands of complaints were filed, while the Duchess herself complained to ITV.
And he claimed in his Daily Mail column he received an encouraging message from the Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson in the weeks after he quit his post.
Alastair Campbell will guest present with Susanna Reid on GMB
- Piers Morgan and Ariana Grande Throw Down in Pre-Thanksgiving Catfight
- Boris Johnson's friend and 'tech advisor' Jennifer Arcuri mulls plans for a speaking tour of Britain during the General Election campaign ahead of results of probe into £100,000 grant
- Blair's inclusion vital to Morgan's 'Queen' script
- ‘The Enemies Within’: Steven Seagal Gives Bizarre Interview From Russia
- Prince William played polo instead of meeting with Donald and Melania Trump, among reported royal snubs
- Nolte: ‘The Sopranos’ at 20 — More Relevant Than Ever
- Dispatches from Thessaloniki, Macao and Cucalorus
- Jane Fonda lobbies for female workers
- John McAfee Fled to Belize, But He Couldn't Escape Himself
- Fresh faces center stage at Sundance '08
- Fresh faces center stage at Sundance
- Oscars 2016: nominees' reactions
- Michelle Shocked: Amid a Meltdown, Jesus Is Her Crisis PR Consultant
- The Neurologist Who Hacked His Brain—And Almost Lost His Mind
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on September 23, 2018
- Joe Roth's 'Third Act': From 'Gigli' to Billion-Dollar Producer and Pro Soccer Superstar
- Now it's 15 minutes of shame not fame
- All Along I Thought Trump Wasn’t a Conservative/Republican, But Now I Realize I’m Not
- Amanda Knox Case Reopened: How the Media Covered It
- 'We were shocked as sh--': How Pelosi crushed the Dem rebels
Piers Morgan ‘returns’ to Good Morning Britain for first time since sudden exit- and fill-in Adil Ray has dig at ex-host have 714 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.