Matt Hancock responds to Dominic Cummings allegations
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Good Morning Britain hosts Ben Shephard, 46, and Susanna Reid, 50, returned to the panel today to speak to MPs over Dominic Cummings' testimony, in which he called for Matt Hancock to resign after over 120,000 people died following a coronavirus diagnosis. Ahead of the episode, Piers Morgan , 56, said he wanted to return to the panel to grill politicians over the claims.
In view of his 7.9 million followers, he wrote: "Wish I was on TV tomorrow morning.
"The Govt needs torching after this #Cummings testimony."
One of his followers commented: "The whole nation wish you were on TV tomorrow morning Piers.(sic)
"Perhaps GMB can invite you on as a guest presenter for the one day. That would be amazing."
Piers Morgan said he wished he was back on GMB to grill MPs (Image: ITV•GETTY)
Piers Morgan’s request appeared to be snubbed by GMB team (Image: TWITTER•PIERSMORGAN)
Piers Morgan left Good Morning Britain in March after sparking Ofcom complaints (Image: ITV)
Piers implied that a return to the show could happen as he claimed he is still "technically under contract" to present for the show, despite leaving in March.
The presenter's tweet was liked by the show's director Erron Gordon, but judging by today's episode, he hasn’t been asked back to the show.
Express.co.uk has contacted a representative for ITV for comment.
Piers left his role on Good Morning Britain after refusing to apologise for comments he made about Meghan Markle.
Dominic Cummings said Health Secretary Matt Hancock ‘should have been fired’ (Image: GETTY)
Piers Morgan’s career highlights (Image: EXPRESS)
The journalist said he didn't believe a word Prince Harry's wife said during her interview with Oprah Winfrey, where she discussed feeling suicidal and claimed a member of the family had concerns about the colour of their son Archie's skin.
During the coronavirus pandemic, Piers hit the headlines over his confrontational interviewing technique with MPs.
Following this, the Government boycotted the show.
After 201 days of silence from MPs, Health Secretary Matt agreed to an interview and was grilled by Piers and Susanna.
DON’T MISS… Jeremy Clarkson opens up about fears he may die this year [ADMISSION] Rob Lowe says Montecito hasn’t been ‘the same' since royals moved in [REVEALED] 'I am speechless!' Amanda Holden sparks frenzy as she poses NAKED [PICTURED]
Most recently, Mr Cummings has made several accusations about him as part of a seven-hour session with MPs.
Boris Johnson's former chief adviser argued that the health secretary “should have been fired for at least 15 to 20 things, including lying to everybody on multiple occasions in meeting after meeting in the Cabinet Room and publicly”.
Mr Cummings also said: “Hancock told us in the Cabinet Room that people were going to be tested before they went back to care homes… We only subsequently found out that that hadn’t happened.
“Now the government rhetoric was ‘We put a shield around care homes’ and ‘Blah, blah, blah’ – it was complete nonsense.”
A spokesman for Matt "absolutely” rejected Mr Cummings’ claims.
The ex Good Morning Britain presenter has since called for him to resign, if the allegations are true.
He commented: "If what Cummings says about @MattHancock is true, the Health Secretary must resign.
"Never heard a more devastating evisceration of a senior Govt minister."
In a previous tweet, he sarcastically apologised for the way he had previously grilled MPs on the show.
He wrote: "I'd like to sincerely apologise for the way I held the Govt to account during this Pandemic.
"It’s quite clear from Cummings’ shocking testimony that I should have gone much much harder. Sorry."
- Piers Morgan leaves Good Morning Britain as he takes long break
- Good Morning Britain stars face early start after BAFTAs
- Piers Morgan accused of 'fat shaming' on Good Morning Britain
- Hints Piers Morgan could quit Good Morning Britain next year
- Good Morning Britain viewers divided after presenting re-shuffle
- Why Piers Morgan was replaced on Good Morning Britain
- Piers Morgan loses it on Good Morning Britain over Fireman Sam
- Peter Crouch drops huge career hint on Good Morning Britain
- Good Morning Britain viewers 'want Piers Morgan back'
- Good Morning Britain host struggles to hold back tears
- Jacob Rees-Mogg clashes with Good Morning Britain host
- Richard Madeley's 'row' on Good Morning Britain ends in chaos
- Piers Morgan misses out on TV Bafta award
- Susanna Reid taunts Piers Morgan with vegan Cornish pasty
- Piers Morgan criticises Susanna Reid for interrupting him
- Piers Morgan gets bikini-clad model to wash his car live on GMB
- Mark Wright hangs up on Piers Morgan live on GMB after taunts
- Piers Morgan's son smashes his A levels
- Piers Morgan blasts idea James Bond should be played by a woman
- Piers Morgan SHOCKS as he smokes a joint with Mike Tyson
Piers Morgan return to Good Morning Britain ‘turned down’ as he requests to be guest host have 964 words, post on www.express.co.uk at May 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.