PHIL NEVILLE has signed another English player for Inter Miami – his son.
Harvey Neville, 18, has been in the Manchester United youth system since turning 16 in 2018.
Previously on the books at Manchester City and then Valencia before heading to United, he signed his first professional contract last summer.
But he wants some guaranteed first-team football and is swapping Old Trafford for South Florida.
Full-back Harvey has been training with his dad’s new team recently after getting some time off and has decided to make the switch permanently.
He will initially join Inter Miami’s sister team Fort Lauderdale CF once he sorts his visa.
Fort Lauderdale play in the USL – effectively the second tier in the United States.
But proud-as-punch Neville has been pleased with his progress and won’t rule out the chances of his lad making the step up to MLS and helping Miami owner David Beckham make waves Stateside sooner rather than later.
The youngster took to Instagram with a post in Inter Miami training gear on Wednesday.
He commented: “Let’s go,” as Beckham liked the photo while plenty of Red Devils youngsters commented their support and love.
Most read in Football
FOOTBALL NEWS LIVE
Chelsea and Man City reach Champions League final, Neymar latest updates
Sunderland striker Mitch Curry, 21, has also signed for Fort Lauderdale recently.
Miami are currently sixth in the MLS Eastern Conference with one win, one draw and one defeat so far in the former Lionesses boss’ first season in charge.
Inter Miami owner David Beckham takes part in coach Phil Neville’s first training session
- 2.15pm Man Utd news LIVE: Bruno Fernandes a ‘warrior’, Sancho transfer LATEST, Rabiot eyed, Berbatov tips Kane move
- 11pm Man Utd news LIVE: Bruno Fernandes a ‘warrior’, Sancho transfer UPDATE, Henderson £60m dilemma, Kane latest
- 8am Man Utd news LIVE: Ben Yedder £40m battle, Sancho transfer latest, Rice available, Cavani ‘serious’interest
- 7.15am Man Utd news LIVE: Jadon Sancho transfer LATEST, Mejbri the ‘new Mbappe’, rail seats APPROVED at Old Trafford
- West Ham ‘begin talks’ with Alexis Sanchez’s agent as they target ambitious transfer for Man Utd’s £505k-a-week flop
- 11am Man Utd news LIVE: Jadon Sancho transfer LATEST, Van De Beek updates, Paul Pogba to Real Madrid getting closer
- David Beckham in transfer talks to sign James Rodriguez as Inter Miami chief battles Man Utd and Arsenal for Madrid star
- Pogba wants to quit Man Utd for Real Madrid in transfer that makes sense for both clubs, claims ex-France star Sagnol
- Chelsea and Man Utd in transfer fight for Federico Chiesa as Fiorentina offer striker huge new deal to keep him
- Man Utd prioritise Jack Grealish transfer over boyhood fan Maddison despite tracking Leicester star for more than a year
Phil Neville snaps up 18-year-old Man Utd academy star son Harvey at Inter Miami on permanent transfer but needs visa have 543 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.