A BRITISH woman has died after being shot by a gunman at a rented home in Pakistan.
The woman, identified only as Maya, was discovered by cops in a pool of blood next to her phone in a property in Lahore after reportedly being shot in the head.
The 25-year-old had arrived in the country just two months ago from the UK where her family are from, police superintendent Sayyed Ali told Dawn .
Mr Sayyed said that cops had been alerted to the alleged murder by an unidentified caller.
The crime scene has been cordoned off as forensic experts investigate.
Two suspects have been identified, and the victim’s family have been informed, Dawn reports.
Police Superintendent Sayyed Ali said: "We have seized the mobile phone for forensic analysis
“We are also after two suspects and will share further details at a later stage."
Most read in World News
Mr Sayyed added that the woman’s parents, who live abroad, have been contacted for further details.
The victim was living with a friend, the superintendent said, but they had not been able to provide useful details to police.
With coronavirus restrictions preventing the family from travelling to Pakistan, cops are reported to be trying to convince her parents to make any close relatives living in Lahore the complainant of the case.
- LISTEN: 'You need to pull the car over,' dispatcher tells man suspected of stealing patrol vehicle, fleeing cops in central Arkansas
- ‘So much blood’: Son haunted by questions after Renton police’s ‘shoddy’ investigation of his dad’s death
- Philip Seidle, NJ killer cop: Ex-wife 'did not become a victim until I killed her'
- Here’s a roll call of celebrities, politicians and influential people who died in 2018
- The murder of Anthony Adams: A four-decade-old mystery that Salt Lake City police are still investigating
- Mystery shrouds missing, dead women; is there a connection?
- Jodi Huisentruit mystery: The decades-long search for the missing TV anchor
- ‘It’s like a nightmare.' Woman said boyfriend went to the hospital for help but now might die after violent arrest
- 3 stand trial in cold-blooded murder of Red Bank social studies teacher, 10 years after he death
- 3 stand trial in cold-blooded murder of Red Bank social studies teacher, 10 years after her death
Mystery as Brit woman dies after being shot in the head as cops find her in pool of blood next to phone in Pakistan have 450 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.