Have you been using your cutlery drawer wrong? If you haven’t been making use of the smallest compartment, then the answer may be yes.
When a woman asked the question on the Mums Who Organise group, people admitted to using the section for a wide variety of different items.
The post, which was answered more than 800 times, reads: "This may be a silly question, but what's this little compartment for?"
While some use it to store miscellaneous “bits and bobs”, others say the section has a specific purpose.
Measuring spoons, toothpicks, rubber bands, shot glasses and kids’ dummies were among the suggestions.
And one commenter joked: "Wine stoppers but we don't get to use ours."
Some responders had other suggestions too – from measuring spoons to toothpicks and bread clips.
One said: "Rubber bands! I don't have one of them but I'd love one."
Another suggested: "Corn on the cob holders? Napkin rings?"
A third wrote: "I would put medicine measuring cups for kids."
And a fourth added: "Candles and matches?"
Like what you see? Then fill your boots…
Want to bring a little glamour to your life every day with all the most exciting real-life stories, fashion and even sex tips HOT off the press?
Well, we’ve got you covered with our great new Hot Topics newsletter – it’ll drop straight into your inbox around 7pm and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
And signing up now means you’ll get a front row seat for our great new series inside the lives of the next generation of Daily Star Page 3 girls.
You can sign up here – you won’t regret it…
While many had practical uses for the compartment, others couldn't resist coming up with amusing suggestions.
One joked: "Dust."
Another admitted: "Have seen condoms… in other houses."
And a third laughed: "All your lost hopes and dreams… after you stare at the 40 loads of washing."
We'd have to agree with that last one…
People couldn’t stop squabbling about where knives, forks and spoons should be arranged.
While some always put knives in the first slot, others said this would “drive them mad” as they need to have their forks in that place.
So what do you think? Let us know in the comments below.
- Mum excludes boy with autism from her son’s birthday party but invites the rest of the class, and divides opinion
- Communal Hatred or Pressure from Prof? Protests & Debates Grow As Cops Probe IIT-Madras Student's Death
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio Fiercely Spar on Twitter Over the Modeling Industry
- Grieving widow Mavis Eccleston, 80, who was cleared of 'mercy killing' murder of her terminally ill husband tells how she was locked in a police cell for 30 hours - in her nightie
- Doomsday cult dad, 67, pictured working out on homemade gym in bizarre Facebook posts while ‘caging kids in dungeon’
- Meet the new faces of fiction for 2016
- What does your fridge say about you? From homemade crumbles in England to containers of veggies in Australia and a marmalade 'treat' in Venezuela: A peek inside the world's refrigerators
- After a decade of decay, Labour’s manifesto offers us hope for the future
- Zhao Ziyang
Mum sparks fierce debate by asking what small compartment of cutlery drawer is for have 568 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.