GMB: Stephen Mangan comments on Meghan Markle's book
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting their second child in early summer. The royal couple are preparing to welcome a baby sister for their two-year-old son Archie.
Meghan, who is heavily pregnant, was advised not to join her husband in attending Prince Philip's funeral last month.
Harry's quick return to the US after his grandfather's funeral has led to speculation that Meghan could give birth very soon.
However, with the Duke's family based in the UK and with the Duchess' strained relationship with her father, the couple may have a limited support network in the US.
Royal observers expect that Meghan's mother Doria Ragland, who lives nearby, will help the couple.
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and Archie (Image: getty)
Royal observers expect that Meghan's mother Doria Ragland, who lives nearby, will help the couple (Image: getty)
But some predict that the Sussexes will also need to hire help.
Sophie Pickles, an early years teacher and parenting coach, told the Mirror: "Meghan and Harry may choose to hire a team of two or more nannies to help care for Archie and the new baby.
"It is not uncommon for royals or the extremely wealthy to do so, often employing one nanny to stay in the house overnight to help with frequent night wakes and one or more to take care of the children during the day.
"We know that when Archie was born, Meghan and Harry decided to hire a nanny to help them after initially saying they wouldn’t do so.
"As for all of us, it sometimes takes until the baby is born for new parents to realise what a challenge it can be."
DON’T MISS Royal Family LIVE: Queen ignores Megxit feud to come to Meghan’s aid [LIVE] Royal baby news: Harry and Meghan daughter could take ‘lady’ title [UPDATE] Meghan Markle shows off growing baby bump with Archie [INSIGHT]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry timeline (Image: Express.co.uk)
Ms Pickles explained how it is unlikely that any new nannies will live with them.
She said: "We already know that Harry and Meghan have stated that they do not want their home to be filled with staff, so it is unlikely that the new nanny will live with them.
"All parents of multiple children know, however, that two is more challenging than one and with Archie about to hit the tumultuous age of two, they may well change their minds."
The expert went on to highlight how the Duchess will call on her mother for support "not only for Meghan as she recovers from birth but in caring for Archie while the family adjusts to having a new member".
She added: "After all, even when you have all the money in the world, there is nothing quite like the reassurance of leaving your baby in the arms of someone that you love and trust."
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle hire third nanny for baby Archie
- Meghan celebrates first US Mother's Day with new baby Archie
- Meghan celebrates first Mother’s Day with Archie on US date
- Prince Harry spends first night away from Archie for polo match
- Mother's joy over new baby girl after suffering 13 miscarriages
- Royal baby: what's next for the Sussexes and Cambridges?
- Prince Harry spotted flying commercial on the way home from Rome
- Meghan and Harry have 'scaled down' staff
- Archie makes debut in Court Circular
- Harry and Meghan’s busy first year as a married couple
- Harry and Meghan celebrate their first wedding anniversary
- Royal Baby Archie is crowned ‘Earl of Riverdale’ by Netflix
- 'Thrilled' Meghan and Harry reveal the name of their baby
- Meet Archie ... royal newborn who won't have a title
- Prince Harry heads back to work just days after birth of his son
- Royal baby born at private maternity hospital
- Harry ‘can’t wait’ to introduce Meghan and Archie to Africa
- Archie?!? That doesn't sound like a royal name
- Duchess of Sussex shares cute new personal photo of baby Archie
- Meghan Markle and Rihanna have secretly become 'best friends'
Meghan and Harry may hire ‘team of nannies’ to help take care of Archie and new baby have 786 words, post on www.express.co.uk at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.