Love Island stars Maura Higgins and Chris Taylor have announced their break-up, but say they are still good friends.
The couple, who appeared in season five of reality dating series Love Island in 2019, were good friends on the show but did not get together during their time on screen.
Both popular contestants, fans who followed their friendship were delighted when they announced they were in a relationship during a trip to Dubai in November 2020.
However, Higgins and Taylor have now posted separate statements on social media confirming their split.
“It breaks my heart to even type this, but I wanted to let everyone know that myself and Chris have made the joint decision to end our relationship,” Higgins wrote in an Instagram story.
“There is no wrongdoing on either side… we still love, care and respect each other deeply. From the minute we met each other we’ve been very close friends and that will never change.
“There is no regret. Life is about taking chances. We wanted to make this work but we have realised we work better being friends.”
More on Love Island
- Molly-Mae Hague: Cosmetic filler for young women should not be normalised
- Caroline Flack: Her family open up about new documentary on her life and death
- Love Island confirmed for summer 2021 return after COVID-19 cancellations – but location still up in the air
Molly-Mae Hague: Love Island star warned by watchdog after breaking rules with £8,000 giveaway
- Caroline Flack: New documentary trailer shows footage of star in tears
- Caroline Flack: Love Island and friends share tributes to mark a year since star’s death
Taylor said the pair had made a mutual decision after “some very heartfelt conversations” over the past few days, and also said they intend to remain friends.
“We are both going through a very tough time with this atm (at the minute), so please take any speculation with a metric tonne of salt,” he wrote.
Both stars also thanked fans for their “love and support”, with Taylor adding that it has “truly been appreciated”.
- Elizabeth Taylor in hospital for heart surgery
- 'RIP Mr Bond': 007 actor Roger Moore dead at 89
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR MAY 10-20
- 18 movies to be released in Vietnam in August
- 23 movies to be released in Vietnam this July
- Art & Entertainment News 19/7
- WHAT'S ON SEPTEMBER 15-30 (DAILY UPDATE)
- Social News 17/10
- Art & Entertainment News 25/2
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 27/1
- HCM City awaits South Korean girl band
- Mélissa Laveaux performs at Idecaf
- Social News 14/5
- Social News 15/5
- 'From Hell to Hollywood' and back, Nick Ut's home
- 'From Hell to Hollywood,' Nick Ut is home
- After Hell and Hollywood, Nick Ut basks in peace - VnExpress International
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 19/3
- Hanoi to host Vietnam’s largest Christmas festival
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 21/8
Maura Higgins and Chris Taylor announce break-up: Love Island stars say they are still friends have 468 words, post on news.sky.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.