MANCHESTER UNITED’S postponed clash with Liverpool will be played on Thursday May 13.
And it means United will now have to play twice in just 48 hours – and THREE times in just five days.
Last Sunday’s clash between Man Utd and Liverpool was postponed in the 11th hour after furious protests against club owners the Glazers outside the Lowry Hotel and at Old Trafford.
It had been thought Liverpool 's trip to West Brom would be brought forward to allow the Old Trafford clash of the North-West giants to go back to its initial Sunday afternoon slot on May 16.
Instead, United's game with Leicester has been shunted forward 24 hours to Tuesday May 11 with a 6pm kick-off.
And the match with Liverpool will now start at 8.15pm on May 13.
United will feel frustrated at the inconvenience and the rescheduling is a boost for Liverpool and their top four hunt.
LATEST ON MAN UTD VS LIVERPOOL POSTPONEMENT CHAOS
- LIVE: Latest rolling news as new date sought for game
- WATCH: Snarling Man Utd fans pelt cops with bottles
- FANS: Man Utd Supporters Trust send open letter to Glazers
- PICTURED: Cop slashed in face with bottle by raging fan
- INQUIRY: FA looking into chaotic scenes with punishment possible
- VIDEO: Souness feared pundits could be killed by fans
- FIXTURE CHAOS: New date for game problematic
- PICTURED: Moment Man Utd players finally left Lowry Hotel
- PUNDITS: Keane praises fans and Neville fist-pumps protester
However, Premier League chiefs will argue the Old Trafford club alone were responsible for the late call-off last Sunday.
United are also in action at Villa this Sunday following their Europa League second-leg clash with Roma on Thursday, meaning they will play four matches in just EIGHT days.
Elsewhere, their match against Fulham will take place on Tuesday May 18 before they finish their Premier League campaign at Wolves on May 23.
League bosses have also confirmed the dates and times for the penultimate round of matches in a fortnight, which will have home crowds of up to 10,000 fans.
Five matches will be played on Tuesday May 18.
Amongst those games are United's clash with Fulham at 6pm and the potentially pivotal top-four fight between Chelsea and Leicester at 8.15pm.
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
Most read in Football
West Ham join Chelsea in Ivan Toney transfer hunt as Brentford demand £35m
The following night will also see five games.
There will be three matches including Tottenham vs Aston Villa at 6pm.
Crystal Palace host Arsenal at 7pm and Liverpool visit Burnley at 8.15pm.
⚽ Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds
Angry Man Utd fans break into Old Trafford and storm pitch in protest against Glazers
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer under less pressure at Man Utd thanks to clause in Pochettino’s Tottenham exit package
- Man Utd 1 Wolves 0: Juan Mata’s sublime winner eases pressure on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Utd reach FA Cup fourth round
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Man Utd 'in a good place' despite falling revenues
- 'At least we play you every year now': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Manchester United are still bigger than City ahead of derby
- Man United vs Barcelona: Stopping Messi not mission impossible- Solskjaer
- Paul Merson: Jurgen Klopp should take a rest but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is 'sitting duck'
- Paul Pogba: Manchester United midfielder 'desperate' to play, says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Jurgen Klopp had four years, give me time
- Bruno Fernandes could make Man Utd debut against Wolves, says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Joshua King: Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer coy on second bid for Bournemouth striker
Man Utd vs Liverpool will be held next Thursday May 13 as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side play THREE times in five days have 660 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.