Line of Duty actor Adrian Dunbar is back on the telly soon, in his first role since the series six finale which divided loyal viewers.
The Ted Hastings actor will play himself in a twist, as he takes on BBC hit Inside No. 9.
While little has been revealed about the new role, the fan favourite will star as himself, actor Adrian Dunbar, in a sketch about filming on location.
Show creator Steve Pemberton revealed the news on Lorraine on Thursday, detailing the plot while not revealing too much.
He said that Adrian’s character, himself, will be struggling with on-location life, and will attempt to use somebody else’s house as a green room.
Fans of the actor, and the show, will no doubt be tuning into the episode when it airs – while a date for this particular episode has yet to be confirmed.
Steve said of the casting: “Adrian Dunbar is playing a very talented actor called Adrian Dunbar.
“We basically wrote an episode which is all about how boring it is to be filming on location, you spend a lot of time sitting in trailers.
“Adrian plays himself as an actor who is trying to stay in somebody’s house to use it as a green room.”
Steve went on: “He was a great sport. He came over from Ireland where they had been filming Line of Duty, and both we and they had been interrupted by the pandemic.
“We started our series in March 2020 and I know they were filming at the time, and so we were waiting such a long time to work with him.
“It took 10 months to film, but it was worth it, he's a great addition to the programme.”
It’s been barely a week since Line of Duty’s series six finale aired on the BBC, and viewers are still desperate to know if a seventh series will happen.
While it’s been teased series six was the last of AC-12, fans believe the latest episode hinted at more to come – but confirmation either way is yet to happen.
Lorraine airs weekdays at 9am on ITV, while Inside No.9 is returning on May 10 th at 9.30pm on BBC Two.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones joins cast of 'Prodigal Son', will play the role of a doctor in 2nd season
- Line of Duty fans predict Kate Fleming will die as they spot 'tragic event' clue
- Time writer refused Stephen Graham role 'We can't have Stephen'
- The Walking Dead World Beyond's Huck star lands huge new role ahead of final AMC season
- Coronation Street lines up Pat Phelan's twin to arrive on cobbles?
- Lucifer cast: Who plays Eve in Lucifer? Meet the star
- Britain’s Got Talent Final 2019: Dave and Finn leave viewers in tears after 'amazing' act
- Like a botched road trip, 'Final Fantasy XV' is as frustrating as it is fun
- Emmerdale lines up affair for Liam with unlikely resident hours after marrying Leyla?
- Final Fantasy VII Remake: Best Weapon Builds for Cloud Strife | Digital Trends
Line of Duty's Adrian Dunbar plays himself in first TV role since finale have 496 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.