Dancer Kevin Clifton says he is swerving tying the knot with partner Stacey Dooley after watching a shocking Aussie reality show about marriage.
The Strictly Come Dancing pair are among millions of Brits hooked on Married At First Sight Australia – about strangers meeting at the altar.
Channel 4 has screened the show but a more outrageous Oz version became cult lockdown viewing.
And twice-married Kevin, 38, says he and TV presenter Stacey, 34, have been binge-watching it until 3am.
When asked if the marathons put him off marrying Stacey, the professional dancer replied: "Yeah, probably. It seems like we're about 74 episodes in and I am obsessed and addicted.
"You get more and more frustrated watching them and it's like, 'one more and then we are going to bed'. Four episodes later and it's like 3am."
The couple won 2018's Strictly and Stacey split from her boyfriend of five years, Sam Tucknott, soon afterwards.
Kevin, who divorced fellow Strictly pro dancer Karen Hauer in 2018, said Stacey is his best friend – even in lockdown.
He said: "We spent last year in the house together. She'll be working all over the place with her documentaries, so I will miss her.
"Neither of us are that bossy. She sort of lets me do my thing. So I am either practising my part upstairs or I am watching football or F1, or whatever."
Kevin, who was also married to dancer Clare Craze until 2013, resigned from Strictly in 2020 to take on theatrical roles – just before Covid-19 hit.
But he still feels part of the Strictly family and would like to return as a judge.
He said of his decision to go: "I'm not going to be doing this job when I'm 90.
"I didn't want to leave it too late to do theatre. I'd love to come back to the show at some point, maybe in a different capacity as a judge. I still love the show."
- Kevin joins The Life Begins Again tour of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds musical in March 2022. Tickets are on sale now via livenation.co.uk
- Stacey Dooley's split triggered by closeness with Kevin Clifton
- Stacey Dooley's ex Sam Tucknott seen for the first time since 'split'
- Stacey Dooley shares candid post about being 'worthy of love'
- Stacey Dooley reunites with Strictly partner Kevin Clifton
- Stacey Dooley 'barely spent any time at home' with ex boyfriend Sam
- Strictly's Kevin Clifton reacts to ex-wife Karen moving on with new lover
Kevin Clifton put off tying knot to Stacey Dooley after binging Married At First Sight have 431 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.