Kate Garraway berated Adil Ray on Good Morning Britain today for failing to get her a birthday present.
The 54-year-old celebrated her birthday on Tuesday with husband Derek Draper and their children Billy and Darcey.
Appearing on GMB, Kate was asked about her day by host Susanna Reid, who said: “I mean, obviously we’ve been in touch but it’s lovely to see you.”
Kate told viewers “Actually, Susanna bought me something incredible – it’s the most enormous furry throw. It’s cream and furry throw which Bill came upstairs-”
Susanna quipped: “A blanket!”
Kate remarked: “A blanket – well, it’s kind of a throw.”
“It’s a Game of Thrones blanket,” Susanna explained.
Kate responded: “Exactly! Bill’s been walking around with it like a Game of Thrones blanket [wrapped around his shoulders]. It’s really snuggly. Thank you!”
There was an awkward pause in the studio as Kate turned to the other co-host and asked: “Adil?”
Adil turned to Kate and asked: “Yes, what? What was that?! That was a stern… yeah I’ll keep going! [The present] is on its way!”
Kate knowingly replied: “Ah!”
Adil insisted: “It’s coming, it’s coming! Oh hang on, I have! I sent you an invite this week, that’s your birthday present!”
Kate conceded: “That’s true, we’re going to the cricket aren’t we?”
On Tuesday, Kate was in tears as she appeared on Lorraine and said that Derek had remembered that it was her birthday.
Derek, 53, was admitted to hospital early last year after contracting the virus and put into an induced coma.
He shocked hospital staff in October by speaking for the first time – whispering that he was in pain – but he remained in a form of coma called a PDOC (Prolonged Disorder of Consciousness), which means that he was generally unresponsive.
However, Derek has been able to communicate with Kate and his children and has since returned home.
Appearing on Lorraine, Kate said: “At the moment the family and I are looking for lots of little things with Derek. He's home, we can hug him, that's a miracle in itself.
“We're looking for little bits of him to come more out of the consciousness, to come more back to us. And last night I said to him when I was tucking him in and doing various medical bits, I said, 'By the way, it's my birthday tomorrow' and I may have imagined it but he looked a bit worried.
“I said, 'Don't worry I'm not expecting anything, my birthday present is you being home and I'm going to pop in and see you before I go off early to Lorraine' . So I came in this morning and said, 'Right, I'm all ready'.
“My mum and dad are there, and of course the nurses are there, and I said, 'I'm off to Lorraine , is there anything you want to say to me?' and he said, 'Oh, happy birthday.' It makes me feel a bit emotional actually. It's happy tears. That is massive.
“Obviously it's wonderful he says happy birthday as that's what I want to hear, but also we're looking for things he can hold. I'd told him that the night before, I had to prompt him a little bit but he was just stirring and we were turning him and doing various things this morning, but he held that idea that it was my birthday and managed to connect it back and repeat it out and that's wonderful.
“Signs like that are just fantastic."
*Good Morning Britain airs weekdays at 6am on ITV
- How old is Good Morning Britain host Kate Garraway, who is her husband Derek Draper and when was she on Strictly?
- Kate Garraway asks for ‘racist’ puppet be removed during GMB debate
- GMB viewers baffled as comedian Nina Conti appears in monkey suit before strapping masks on Eamonn Holmes and Kate Garraway
- Kate Garraway can't stop giggling after embarrassing wardrobe malfunction on GMB
- Kate Garraway and Charlotte Hawkins are the ultimate embarrassing mums as they learn viral ‘Floss Dance’ on Good Morning Britain
- Kate Garraway chats yoga, working with Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain and her top celebrity interviews
- Catherine Tate cringes as Kate Garraway suffers epic fail with ‘am I bovvered’ impression
- Good Morning Britain fans have been left in stitches at Kate Garraway’s face after Mark Wright challenges her to suck on a lemon
- Kate Garraway left mortified as she presents Good Morning Britain with a roller still in her hair
- Kate Garraway is covered in custard as Sean Fletcher gets his revenge a day after she chucked it all over him
Kate Garraway calls out Adil Ray on GMB for not getting her a birthday present have 809 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.