A man whose picture was shared as part of an investigation into the murder of PCSO Julia James has been identified – and Kent Police is no longer seeking information about him.
Assistant Chief Constable Tom Richards said: “As throughout the investigation the power of the public and their support has helped this investigation and I want to take this opportunity to thank them for getting in touch to help us.
“I can confirm we have identified the man in the photo and we no longer need the media to run his image, nor do we need further information about him at this time.”
Ms James, 53, died from significant head injuries while out walking her dog Toby near Akholt Wood in Snowdown.
Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to £10,000 for anonymous information that leads to her killer being convicted.
Earlier this week, police also issued an image of the PCSO in the clothes she was wearing before she was killed .
The picture showed Ms James walking her Jack Russell while wearing a light blue waterproof coat, blue jeans and dark Wellington-style brown boots.
More on Julia James
- Julia James: Trial date set for man accused of police community support officer’s murder
- Julia James’s dog takes part as police reconstruct PCSO’s final moments
- Julia James death: Man charged with murder of police community support officer appears in court
- Julia James death: Man charged with murder of police community support officer in Kent
- Julia James: Detectives given more time to question man arrested in connection with PCSO’s murder
- Julia James: Man arrested in connection with PCSO’s murder
Police said it was the same clothing, apart from the gloves, which she wore on the day she died.
Mr Richards said Kent Police still need to hear from anyone who was in the Aylesham Road area between 1pm and 4.30pm on Tuesday 27 April – the day of Ms James’ death.
Detectives also want to hear from “anyone local who may have seen something out of place at the time or who came across someone who made them feel uneasy – such as feeling compelled to cross the road or change the route they were walking”.
The assistant chief constable added: “Despite identifying this individual, we are still keen to hear from those who have information that may help us.”
- Mum found dead at home is identified as man charged with her murder
- First picture of man charged with double murder of mother and daughter in Kent
- Pictured: The woman, 30, who was butchered inside her own home in a terrifying random attack - as 'naked man' is charged with murder
- South Korean man confesses he is the serial killer behind the murder of 14 women in the 1980s - but he can't be prosecuted because spree was so long ago
- Would YOU live in the 'haunted' Amityville Horror house? Home where six family members were brutally murdered goes on sale for $850K
- British man arrested for 'beating 18-month-old daughter to death' at a five star hotel in Kazakhstan is identified as he is detained for two months by investigators
- PICTURED: Murdered woman, 31, whose remains were found dumped by the side of a road 300km from where she vanished - as her childhood friend, 22, and a 19-year-old are charged
- Teenager missing for three months since parents were murdered is found alive
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus is consoled by Veep co-star Anna Chlumsky after shock Emmys loss as Jodie Comer poses with her Lead Actress prize at Governors Ball after-party
- Jameela Jamil calls Golden Globes caption fail 'the funniest thing I have ever seen' as she is wrongly identified as The Good Place's Kamilah Al-Jamil during pre-show
- From the horrific rape of a two-year-old girl in Tennant Creek to a mass murder-suicide and needles in strawberries: The stories of 2018 that rocked Australia
- Kanye West appears on first AIRPOOL karaoke segment with James Corden as the rapper talks marriage, religion and hardships on a private jet with his entire Sunday Service choir
- Pictured: 'Drive-by' victim, 20, is shot dead near family home as 'gunman in car fires shotgun' while he and friends played street football - sparking 22nd Birmingham murder probe of 2019
- Man who claimed he had 'special powers to identify paedophiles' before stabbing a stranger to death at a bus stop is found not guilty of murder
- Green Book triumphs with three Golden Globes including Best Picture as Mahershala Ali is named Best Supporting Actor
- Jessica Chastain shares first picture of daughter... as baby grabs her ruby ring as she preps for Golden Globes
- 'She was beautiful inside and out': Family and friends pay tribute to a woman, 30, who was brutally murdered by a stranger who had left a mental health facility a day earlier
- Church warden, 28, is found guilty of murdering university lecturer, 69, but cleared of conspiring to kill another lover, 83 - as it emerges he had hit list of 100 targets including his own parents to exploit for cash or accommodation
- Hunt for pet killer after 18 cats are murdered with anti-freeze in a small Cornwall village close to where hit BBC drama Poldark is filmed
- Same ancestry DNA database used to 'capture the Golden State Killer' helps solve 52-year-old cold case murder of a Seattle woman, 20, found strangled and raped in an elevator
Julia James: Man whose picture was shared over PCSO's murder identified have 859 words, post on news.sky.com at May 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.