JOHN LEWIS is open over the early May bank holiday but trading hours might be slightly different to usual.
If you’re popping to the shops today (May 3) then you may need to check the store’s opening hours, as some are closing early.
When is John Lewis open over the early May bank holiday?
John Lewis is open over the bank holiday but the times that stores will be trading vary from store to store.
You’re best off checking the retailer’s store locator tool to see when your closest one opens today.
Otherwise, many of the shops are closing a few hours early today, with hours from 10am to 6pm instead of the usual 10am to 8pm.
Some stores open a little earlier, like John lewis Southampton, which opens its doors from 9am usually – and this isn’t going to change today, but shoppers will have the two hours less time to shop in the evening.
But John Lewis at Westfield in London is open as normal, trading from 10am to 8pm with no changes on the bank holiday.
Is John Lewis doing delivery over the Bank Holiday?
Delivery from John Lewis is usually free when you spend £50 and over, and it’s £3.50 extra for orders under that.
But the store doesn’t usually deliver on a standard Sunday so you could find that the bank holiday will interrupt your delivery as well and you will receive your order on the next working day instead.
The delivery slots are usually Monday to Saturday between 7.30am and 6.30pm.
If you pay an extra £6.95 you could opt for next or named day delivery and get your items on the bank holiday as this service runs seven days a week.
Alternatively, you can use the store’s free click and collect service and pick up your items next day from the store (during the hours it is open) and that’s usually from after 3pm.
When are the bank holiday dates for 2021?
Here is the full list of upcoming 2021 bank holidays in England and Wales.
Dates in Scotland and Northern Ireland vary.
- Monday, May 3 (Early May Bank Holiday)
- Monday, May 31 (Spring Bank Holiday)
- Monday, August 30 (Summer Bank Holiday)
- Saturday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Sunday, December 26 (Boxing Day)
Most read in Money
John Lewis has launched an affordable own brand range called 'Anyday' which sells homeware, technology, baby care and baby clothing starting from just £1.50.
The store also launched a Spring Sale last month with up to 50% off fashion, beauty and home.
But you can try on things in-store at the retailer as we explain which shops, including John Lewis, have reopened their changing rooms .
- Columbus Day 2018: Are the Stock Market, Banks, Post Office Open, Closed?
- Independent Bank Celebrates the Opening of Denver Tech Center Branch
- Outlet Shoppes announces opening of four stores
- Beech Bank Brewing Co. opens in Beech Grove
- Family Express to Open Central Indiana Stores
- Entry in Pahoa Holiday Parade open to entire island
- Holiday shopping: Geoffrey's\u00a0Toy Box opening within Kroger stores
- Holiday season opens for Disneyland today
- U.S. Open accused of sexism after Alizé Cornet penalized for taking off her shirt while male players sit shirtless
- What stores are open on Labor Day?
- National retailers are struggling to remain open. Here are the companies that have taken a hit
- GameStop to Hire More Than 15,000 Associates This Holiday
- Amazon, Target give online holiday shoppers early present
- Nike Claps Back At The French Open Banning Serena Williams’ Catsuit
- Republic Bank Hires Evesboro Store Manager
- Hay Library invites class of 2021 to explore collections
- 'We are just happy to be able to plant roots in this town': BankESB opens Holyoke office
- Omar Perez Identified As Cincinnati Bank Shooting Suspect
- Banking on the Community: Longtime Atlanta banker George Andrews opens Unity National Bank's Atlanta branch
- It’s a Miracle: Denver’s insanely popular Christmas pop-up bar is coming back, this time to Avanti
John Lewis May Bank Holiday 2021 opening times: What time are stores open today? have 721 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.