JOE and Jill Biden were mocked for looking like “giants” next to former president Jimmy Carter and his wife.
The center captioned the Twitter picture: “We're pleased to share this wonderful photo from the @POTUS and @FLOTUS visit to see the Carters in Plains, Ga.! Thank you President and Mrs. Biden!”
The former president, 96, and his wife Rosalyn Carter, 93, were snapped without their masks as they posed next to the Bidens.
“I absolutely love the Carters and Bidens, but this is the most insane photo ever,” one user noted. “It’s like the Biden’s in Wonderland. Seriously.”
Donald Trump Jr also weighed in on Monday night, writing: “Where's Joe's mask? Where's the media screaming about CDC guidelines?
“He's indoors with elderly people with health issues without a mask and within 6 feet…
“OOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGG!!!! Nolte [sic]: Bidens Go Maskless During Visit with Elderly, Frail Carters.”
Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro wrote: “In which we learn that Joe and Jill Biden could both play center in the NBA.”
Jared Holt, a resident fellow at Atlanta’s Digital Forensic Research Lab, quipped: "Filing under 'why we don't use the ultrawide lens indoors.'”
“People get smaller when they are older. The ultrawide angle is not helping with what was already likely a noticeable size difference,” he explained.
"We voted for Biden because he's a decent human being with sound policies but also because he and Jill are giants who will crush you if you make them angry," wrote another person.
“The fact that President Biden wears a mask when he’s alone on a Zoom call with world leaders but he doesn’t when he’s sitting with the Carters, a couple in their 90s, only proves that post vaccine masks are pure theater,” noted a sixth.
“Why Joe look like a ventriloquist?” demanded another user, while others distorted the image even further, with one person photoshopping the viral meme of Sen Bernie Sanders into the mix.
The Bidens visited the Carters to mark his 100th day in the White House but the media reporters with them did not enter the house.
Afterwards, Biden said: "It was great to see President Carter. It reminded me that I was the first person to endorse him outside of Georgia.
“And we sat and talked about the old days and he introduced me to a friend of his, a reverend he wanted me to get to know, and Rosalyn was great, too.”
Most read in News
“We just had a nice time. We're old friends,” the president said of their longtime friendship, which dates back to the seventies.
Biden joined the Senate via Delaware in 1973 and Carter was inaugurated three years later.
Carter, a Democrat , served as president from January 20, 1977 until January 20, 1981.
- Joe Concha: Nevada debate looked like 'Game of Thrones'' Red Wedding, 'everything changes' now
- ‘The View’: Meghan McCain Poses Alongside Joe and Jill Biden in Surprising Photo
- Biden: Trump Administration Likes Russia Interfering in U.S. Elections
- This Is What a Nuclear Bomb Looks Like
- Married couple cut into tower of bananas as their wedding cake – but people think it looks like something very rude
- Celebrities are matched with some VERY unflattering doppelgangers by new Google Art Selfie app that twins faces to famous paintings (so which work of art do YOU look like?)
- Flailing Joe Biden unveils new ad saying 'This is only getting started' after he falls to disastrous FIFTH place in New Hampshire and Bernie Sanders becomes Democratic frontrunner
- How the Biden Family's Tragic History Formed Their Deep, Intense Love for One Another
- Joe Biden faces a key test -- and intense competition -- as the South Carolina primary nears
- Could the Joe Biden allegations lead to Donald Trump's re-election?
Joe and Jill Biden mocked for looking like ‘giants’ in bizarre photo with the Carters have 822 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.