Prince Harry: GMB hosts debate his podcast appearance
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Ben Shephard hit out at Prince Harry during today’s Good Morning Britain , after the former senior royal offered an interview to an American podcast, discussing his family, including dad Prince Charles . The former, 46, couldn't hold back as he said: “He's been a parent for five minutes.”
When did he become an expert? He’s been a parent for five minutes. What is he doing talking about being a parent?
It comes after Prince Harry , 36, described his royal life as a mixture between the hit film, The Truman Show, and that of being in a zoo.
The Duke of Sussex, who relocated to California after renouncing his royal duties, claimed he made the transatlantic move to “break the cycle” of pain his relatives had endured.
Harry and wife Meghan, 39, controversially stepped down as senior working royals, to live a more financially independent lifestyle.
After making their decision that hadn't been seen since Prince Harry's great-uncle, King Edward VIII abdicated the throne in 1936.
Ben Shephard unleashed a blistering attack on Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (Image: ITV/PA)
Prince Harry claimed that he may have “suffered” due to his father, Prince Charles’ parenting skills (Image: GETTY)
Following Harry's comments about his dad's parenting, Ben hit out: “When you start with, ‘I don’t want to point the finger’, and then immediately point the finger.
“We’ve all been there as young parents, you think you’re going to take the best bits of your parents and then you get down the line 10 or 15 years later and you say, ‘I can see why you did the best you did and have more respect and understanding.'”
The frustrated broadcaster added: “When did he become an expert? He’s been a parent for five minutes. What is he doing talking about being a parent?
“That’s what I find really difficult. The one thing about Harry was he just felt so normal and down to earth. Something has happened.”
Harry made the bold revelations on the Armchair Expert podcast (Image: ARMCHAIR EXPERT PODCAST)
The duke wanted to quit his “job” after seeing how it impacted his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales (Image: GETTY)
UK Line of Succession, Prince Harry is sixth in line to the throne (Image: EXPRESS)
Ben went on to acknowledge that the Mountbatten-Windsor family were recently left devastated following the passing of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, who died at Windsor Castle aged 99 in April.
“His father buried his own father just a few weeks ago, you can’t imagine just how impossibly difficult that has been for the whole family,” Ben exclaimed.
Speaking of his upbringing, Harry told the Armchair Expert's Dax Shepard podcast: “I verbalise it, which is, 'Isn't life about breaking the cycle?'
“There's no blame, I don't think we should be pointing the finger or blaming anybody.”
READ MORE: Sean Connery’s younger brother Neil dies seven months after his death [LATEST UPDATE] GMB's Alex Beresford defends Prince Harry over new podcast [INSIGHT] Louis Theroux ‘kicked out’ by interviewee: ‘Shoot’s going great!’ [REACTION]
The soon-to-be dad-of-two went on to say: “But certainly when it comes to parenting, if I have experienced some form of pain or suffering because of the pain or suffering perhaps my father or my parents suffered, I'm gonna make sure that I break that cycle so that I don't pass it on, basically.
“There is a lot of genetic pain and suffering that gets passed on anyway. As parents we should be doing the most that we can to say, 'You know what, that happened to me, I'm gonna make sure that's not going to happen to you'.”
Addressing his upbringing, Harry admitted that he didn't want his “job” during his early 20s, after witnessing the effect it had on his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales.
He admitted that he had to “grin and bear it” before saying: “I've seen behind the curtain, I've seen the business model, I know how this operation runs and how it works. I don't want to be part of this.
“It's a mix of being in The Truman Show and being in the zoo.”
Speaking of his dad, who is first in line to the throne of the UK and 26 countries, he added: “Suddenly I started to piece it together and go, 'OK, so this is where he went to school, this is what happened.
“‘I know this about his life, I also know that is connected to his parents so that means he's treated me the way he was treated, so how can I change that for my own kids?'”
Reacting to Harry's metaphor, Ben ranted: “There is more in there as well though, he does talk about life as a Royal and how it felt like being in The Truman Show, like being in a zoo and all those things.
“He’s being asked questions and speaking very honestly and openly, but those answers land very difficultly at a time when the world is going through a global pandemic and there are impossible restrictions being put on everybody.”
Good Morning Britain airs weekdays from 6am on ITV.
- Ben Shephard frustrated after Tipping Point player's Princess Eugenie error ‘Wrong sister’
- Tipping Point fans shower Ben Shephard with VERY rude chat-up lines after cheeky question about ‘balls’
- Tipping Point viewers all have the same thought as Ben Shephard introduces familiar-looking contestant
- Royal Family LIVE: I won't beg you! Harry shuns Charles as Duke rejects olive branch
- Sex Pistols' John Lydon blasts old bandmates and Danny Boyle in furious GMB tirade
- Queen flees England to escape Megxit row as Prince Harry 'cancels' own invite
- Harry and Meghan branded 'mean spirited' by GMB's Ranvir for leaking private palace chat
- Pen Farthing latest news: Ex-marine admits he has ‘mixed emotions’ after landing in UK with pets after Kabul terror
- Nick Knowles details DIY SOS co-star's awkward Prince William and Harry encounter
- Prince Harry 'misled' Queen into approving TV attack on her own son
- Prince Harry could unveil 'any Camilla secrets' in new book that will make Charles 'livid'
- Nigel Farage in stitches as Prince Harry ridiculed for GQ appearance: 'This gobbledegook!'
- Prince Harry may target Camilla in upcoming memoir, Diana's former butler claims
- Prince Harry 'showing off due to rivalry with William', says royal expert
- Meghan Markle news latest – Prince William ‘FURIOUS’ at Harry’s shock claims about Royal Family’s racism towards Archie
- Coronation Street mayhem as Daisy Midgeley attacks Debbie Webster over Ronnie Bailey?
- Meghan Markle latest news: Harry & Duchess ‘plot MEGABUCKS return to work’ after ‘signing deals’ on Lilibet leave
- Kate & Wills put latest Harry bombshell behind them with new milestone
- 'Kills me' Piers Morgan blasts BBC Breakfast 'dullards' amid ratings news after GMB exit
- Meghan Markle latest news: Prince Harry & Duchess may ‘make Hollywood MOVIES’ as Meg furious over Piers Morgan Ofcom win
'He's been a parent for five minutes!' Ben Shephard blasts Harry's attack on Charles have 1367 words, post on www.express.co.uk at May 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.