Friends star Matthew Perry admitted he suffered from “sweating and convulsions” while shooting every episode of the hit show.
The 51-year-old opened up about his secret anxiety as he took part in the Friends: The Reunion with Lisa Kudrow, Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, David Schwimmer and Matt LeBlanc.
While recording the sitcom, which was filmed in front of a live audience, the star felt like he would “die” if the people watching weren’t laughing at his jokes.
“At least to me, I felt like I was going to die if they didn’t laugh,” he explained, much to his co-stars’ surprise.
“It's not healthy for sure but I would sometimes say a line and they wouldn't laugh and I would sweat and just go into convulsions if I didn't get the laugh I was supposed to get. I would freak out.”
Lisa told him: “You didn't tell us that. I don't remember you ever saying that.”
“Oh yeah, I felt like that every single night,” Matthew said.
After the reunion aired last week, many fans shared their concern for the actor when he appeared to have slurred speech.
Get all the latest celebrity news delivered straight to your inbox
From secret feuds and sexy scandals to the biggest showbiz headlines – we’re serving up a daily dose of gossip.
Get the inside scoop on all your favourite celebs with our daily newsletter delivered straight to your inbox for free.
You can sign up here .
He was seen to have a glazed look and his speech was slurred, sparking some fans to question his sobriety.
The star even looked like he dozed off at one point.
However, the reason behind his slurred speech and actions has now been revealed.
A source close to the star has told The Sun that the star required emergency dental work hours prior to the interview.
The source said: “Matthew turned up to the reunion [in April] and members of his team said that he had an emergency tooth procedure that day.”
- Friends’ Matthew Perry makes hilarious reference to sitcom as he admits to trying out nude baking
- Friends star Matthew Perry spotted with gray hair and stubble in first sighting in six months during LA lockdown
- Matthew Perry leaves LA medical facility clutching stomach and wearing face mask
- Friends 'reunion episode filmed over Zoom in the works'
- Courteney Cox's ex says there's unseen behind the scenes footage from Friends finale
- Friends reunion special ‘postponed due to coronavirus outbreak’ with filming ‘pushed back to at least May’
Friends' Matthew Perry suffered 'sweating and convulsions' while filming every episode have 427 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.