A father-of-two died five months after his unusually loud snoring turned out to be a symptom of a brain tumour. Michael Mackay, 52, died on March 26 after being diagnosed with an inoperable tumour in October. His widow, Trish Mackay, 50, told how she could hear Mr Mackay’s snoring from downstairs in their house in Thurso, Caithness. When she went up to see him she realised he was having a seizure. Mrs Mackay called an ambulance and her husband was rushed to Caithness General Hospital in Wick. The family then spent an agonising few months waiting for tests to be carried out – but all turned out to be inconclusive. Michael Mackay, 52, died on March 26 after being diagnosed with an inoperable tumour in October His widow, Trish Mackay, 50 (pictured together), told how she could hear Mr Mackay’s snoring from downstairs in their house in Thurso, Caithness That was until late October, when a biopsy showed a grade 3 anaplastic astrocytoma. Mr Mackay – who had no symptoms apart from loud snoring – was treated with chemotherapy in December in a bid to shrink it. It meant he was able to see his daughter Leanne, 29, get engaged on Christmas… Read full this story
- Meghan McCain Talks About Her Father John McCain's 'Crazy Amazing Recovery' from Brain Cancer
- NHS staffing shortage means more than 1,100 people with bowel cancer in England are being diagnosed too late each year
- 20-Year-Old Arizona Mother Dies One Day After Flu Diagnosis: 'We're Devastated,' Says Family
- How John McCain Has Battled Glioblastoma — an Aggressive Brain Tumor — Since His Cancer Diagnosis
- Fotis Dulos is DEAD: Accused murderer dies in hospital two days after gassing himself with carbon monoxide in his mansion's garage - before he could face trial for killing his missing wife
- Meghan McCain Says She 'Still Can't Go Back Home to Arizona' 8 Months After Her Dad John Died
- Woman with a huge tumour on her face reveals how becoming a makeup artist has helped her embrace her looks - and says she 'wouldn't trade her life for anything'
- Nurse died of cervical cancer after being told six times she didn’t have the disease
- Mum who begged hospital staff not to discharge her baby hours before he died claims paramedics branded her ‘dramatic’
- 'Every time I'm in here, I think I'm going to die': Blogger who passed away from cancer aged 24 breaks down in tears over how 'quickly her life has gone' in heartbreaking hospital footage filmed before her death
Father-of-two, 52, dies five months after his unusually loud snoring was diagnosed as brain tumour have 402 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.